1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Abortions

Discussion in 'Adults Only' started by .:Batman:., Jan 9, 2018.

1. .:Batman:.

.:Batman:. Addict

Blogs:
    I’m not saying the brain and lungs don’t specify it being alive. I think the second the embryo begins forming it’s obviously alive. I just put heartbeat because some people argue that while there is no heart beat it’s not alive.

2. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    Because, like you, the baby would be a victim of rape, too. :)

3. Slimeball

Slimeball Member

Blogs:
    It doesn't have to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    In that scenario, it would be. :)

5. Mr.Lame

Mr.Lame Regular

Blogs:
    I'm trying to figure out why a guy would put himself into a position to fuck himself in the long run hahaha. Have fun paying Child Support you bastard!

Like I said, this is a grey area argument and there are certain situations where it's not black and white. Takes two to make a kid, can't just be one persons choice, unless you know, you're getting trapped AND THAT KIDDIES, is why you wear a Jimmy.

6. Shonna

Shonna Newbie

Blogs:
    My boyfriend and I were in that position last year. It still isn't his body. Its still not his health that is impacted. Its not his finances impacted etc.

I considered the fact that that could be his last chance to have the last child he wants.
    I determined that he already has 3 older kids from an ex plus my daughter and that that's his desire for another wasn't enough for me to sacrifice all those aspects of my life at that time and that was my choice to make, not his.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Shonna

Shonna Newbie

Blogs:
    This describes my ex husband sort of.
    He married me knowing I never wanted kids. He spent years afterward pressuring me anyway. I gave in to make him happy and when our daughter was 6 weeks old he took a shitty job out of town so he only had to be home on weekends and even then, he never helped out with the kid he wanted so badly.

Now we're divorced, live 9 hours apart and his 3x per year visits are always cut short because he has better things to do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shonna

Shonna Newbie

Blogs:
    Because pregnancy and birth still take a huge toll on our bodies and our health and often our finances. When I was pregnant with my daughter I was out of work for appointments more than I was in work and spent upwards of $5000 on fuel to get to those appointments over that 9 months. As well, some women for whatever reason develop an attachment to the fetus and will then have a hard time abandoning it.

Also I was adopted from the foster care system. I was in a home for terminally ill children because kids with any sort of medical issues have less than a 1% chance of being adopted and I was expected to die there. It wasn't until my adoptive parents were desperate enough for a child that they were willing to take a toddler on deaths door and it wasn't at that point until I could get life saving surgery. I will abort every single time before I'd ever chance putting a child a similar position I was in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Mr.Lame

Mr.Lame Regular

Blogs:
    That's a certain circumstance, to group all the same is irrational. Life is not that black and white which is why I added an example to show grey areas in the ideology. Having been in the position myself I can greatly relate to this topic. Also his fiance's are effected.. His life is affected in one way or another, even if a person chooses to ignore it.

I don't have a problem with abortion, it's just interesting to say a guy needs to stay out of it when in reality they are directly connected to it.

A guy doesn't want it, it's an issue, if a woman doesn't, it's not. It's hypocrisy at its finest definition.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shonna

Shonna Newbie

Blogs:
    You do make a fair point, it's not fair, but such is life.

I think it also important to mention though that if I get pregnant and my partner can't 100% support me and whatever choice I deem to be best, it will just push me towards abortion that much more because I know I can't count on them for support anyway so suddenly what they want and what's best for them just matters that much less.

It does become very grey when emotions are involved and it's not just black and white "my body, my choice."

• Like Like x 2
  11. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    I agree about babies that are at death's door but I was talking babies that are a product of rape. If it can be established that the baby was that, would you give it up if all of your expenses are paid for and you will be financially compensated. If so, what would the financial compensation be? :)

12. Mr.Lame

Mr.Lame Regular

Blogs:
    And that is why you wrap it with a garbage bag hahahahaha.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. tool

tool Member

Blogs:
    Neither the mother nor the father should have the right to decide on abortion, only scientists should be allowed to determine it.

In defense of @Chutiya who expressed his opinion in the most badly worded way possible, I am neither a pro choice nor a pro life. I'm pro science.

The thing is, science could not care less about your morality. A fetus is not a human being, but there is no clear cut demarcation line that separate the two because the transition from a fetus to a baby is a continuum. Scientists must arbitrarily determine (using data) as close as possible to a point where a fetus is viable enough to be called a baby.

Defending the life of a lump of meat in the early moths of pregnancy is as retarded as advocating the death of a fetus in its late stage where it is for all practical purposes is a fully developed unborn baby.

14. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    But the scientist doesn't have to have to carry the baby in their stomachs for 9 months, doesn't have to bear the associated expenses, doesn't have deal with the associated health problems, etc.

And also it seems that classifying a fetus as not a human being is a moral stance. :)

15. tool

tool Member

Blogs:
    Then use condom before fucking. Every action must bear consequences. I'm not a conservative retards, I'm not eager to punish people, the state should alleviate some of the cost if the pair (yes, both fuckers) are unable to provide assistance for themselves.

Hell, government's funded free contraceptives should solve the issue, it's a cheap solution and prevent the moral dilemma.

Nah, I'm using science's definition. Arguing about morality is a futile exercise.

16. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    Condoms and birth control aren’t 100% effective though, so there will still be the need for abortion

17. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    How about in the case of rape?

18. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    At least we've come a long way from the days when women could just put the baby on the ground and leave it. :)

19. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    Or the thousands of deaths that occurred from hotel abortions or coat hanger abortions

20. tool

tool Member

Blogs:
    I'm fine with that but you don't need to wait for six months to get an abortion.

Same as above.
    I think abortion should be included in universal healthcare but with scientists' supervision.