1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Age difference is a thing

Discussion in 'Relationship Advice' started by Wrecky, Mar 6, 2017.

?

How do you feel about age difference in relationships?

1. I prefer to have an age difference between myself and my partner

2. I prefer to date people around my own age

3. Age is just a number and in no way influences my dating decisions

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:
    I was just thinking about someone I know, this friend has only ever been interested in very young partners. Not criminally young, but around a decade younger or more.
    I asked what it was all about and they told me it's a "guidance thing" My friend likes to be the mature one in the relationship, but I think it's more of a "power thing".
    I don't personally see anything wrong with age gaps but if someone is attracted only to very young, inexperienced people that has to say something about them. What do you guys think about age gaps? Any cradle robbers or cougars want to weigh in?

2. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member

Blogs:
    There's a 9-year gap between my lady and I. She's the mature one. I tend to date younger but I don't care either way. Men are typically more immature so it balances out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wrecky

Blogs:
    That's a good point. I know that's true growing up, girls generally mature faster so it's normal to date a little older. But once you're into adulthood at what point does it level out? Like after 20 "we're all adults so what does it matter"
    The person I'm talking about is 30 and is only interested in dating 18 year olds, and has been that way for the last ten years.

4. Ablazeintheflames

Ablazeintheflames Guest

Blogs:
    I think it does depend 40 to 30 I don't think that's someone trying to take advantage at all because at that point in life both people are generally matured. but 30 to 18 well that either says they want someone who doesn't know what they want (generally girls are confused at that age) and yes it does seem like a power thing or he doesn't want someone his age because they might want him to change in some way he is unaccepting of..generally the older the woman the more stable they want there partner not saying you cant still be immature but I think some people just like to pretend they are still 16 and have never gotten older

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Wrecky

Blogs:
    @Ablazeintheflames Haha you assumed correctly that my friend is a he, I specifically left that out so it wouldn't influence the discussion. But I think if my friend were a she, 30 and dating 18 year olds I would feel the same way about it being a power thing. It didn't seem that weird back when we were early 20's, at the time I was dating someone much older so no one really cared. But now it's a little weird.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Posta

Posta Well-Known Member

Blogs:
    My favorite age is 21 lol my boyfriend is younger then me. Hes 24 now. When I was younger I dated older. My ex and I are 8 years apart. For me it really is based on my life position, I wanted support then. Now I have everything of my own.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    Woman and Men are different per the ages they should be dating, I personally would never date anyone over the age of 32 years or several years before my age itself. People under the age of 25 that are female are usually very unreliable and never know what is happening around them. They are focused on living an inobtainable life at such a young age, Where everything is a given. I am not gonna be dating anyone possibly ever again, Unless it is a 100% match using the highest levels of computer technology. Which personally for myself means I have to relocate to another place of living. Or that person will understand the circumstances and we will both move to a decided location.

8. Wrecky

Blogs:
    I like that you go older/younger depending where you're at and what you want. I think that's a stable persons dating technique. Very well done Posta :) I could take lessons.

• Like Like x 1
  9. _GoldHunter_

_GoldHunter_ New Member

Blogs:
    I'm interested in younger than me, because when you're my age everyone is younger lol

10. Wrecky

Blogs:
    edfdebd76c55b1bcaba6fb46c6e83b46_star-wars-the-force-awakens-grandmas-boy-memes_491-245.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    I need 24 - 25 Year olds thats all I need

12. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member

Blogs:
    Nobody's mentioned this yet. Regardless of the amount of age difference, campsite rule applies: leave your partner in better condition than when you arrived.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    Or their corpse in better shape then the graves they lie in

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Wrecky

Blogs:
    Another solid dating philosophy :)
    The hurricane Wrecky is taking notes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Trullz

Trullz Member

Blogs:
    source? or just old wives tales perpetuated by ignorance?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  16. Trullz

Trullz Member

Blogs:
    that's the most ridiculous nonsense ive read all minute and a half. she just said she dated older cuz she needed to be provided for, now she dates younger for power, and you patted her on the back, but condemned your "friend."

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Trullz

Trullz Member

Blogs:
    I wish I could like my own posts. :pee:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Trullz

Trullz Member

Blogs:
    :rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Trullz