1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Are there any musicians here?

Discussion in 'Music' started by FaelanTheFox, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    I tried the audio engineering / dj experience only to realize one significant downside to the entire technology age that made me stop my entire pursuit of that particular career. How do you know digitally you are not just hitting the same button constantly and everything is being backloaded by these new audio programs. In most causes the only way to perform without being assisted by machine is records or cd's everything else is artificial talent being blogged by the completed data collected by all information listened to. It really could be done by monkeys and that is no lie.

2. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Absolutely incorrect.

Yes, there is a finesse to mixing vinyl that doesn't exist with anything else, but if you're doing the work yourself, which any DJ worth their salt will be, then the many of the same skills are required regardless of medium (record, cd, file). Granted, many doors get opened with digital mediums, players themselves can handle loop points and sampling. With vinyl one would typically use an external device if sampling was needed. About the only cheat that truly exists with digical is the ability to have the software beatmach for you. I don't think many professional DJs are doing this, mostly because they can likely do it by hand just as fast, and even if they were letting the software speed up syncing the tracks, track selection and the mix itself requires far more skill, talent, and music knowledge.

And, I don't mix digital and never did, except for the odd single I burned to CD when the record turned to be impossible to find. I spin nothing but vinyl, but I'll still defend the digital mediums against your argument.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    The track selection and many other systems onboard any decent audio software or internet service is usually being altered massively, every single track you choice of your free will easily could be backloaded off the web from the date of download or even directly whilst clicking on the file itself using scroller speed adjustments, mouse overs and trillions of other computer peripheral settings that create a defined partial robotic programming to almost every single DJ and Musician out there using an algorithm to map the complete tracklists and all music folders. No one is purely artistic based off their pure skill anymore. It's all about control and who has that control from the clickbaiting of everyone online.

4. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Well, I assumed you were talking about real DJs.
    Radio stations and nightclubs rarely qualify anymore.

As for musicians, I think once again you're taking a very jaded view of a very narrow chunk of the industry.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    I have no question as to this happening in the music industry, meaningfully yes there are real talented people out there. Although the talent means nothing if the music is never heard or seen by the light of anyone, and most times music is either accepted by the masses or rejected by means of internet marketing and massive payoffs of the artist through wealthy others to make the programming of listening happen in real time. It's all a media matrix of information being used suggestively for only one goal, to sell as many records as possible or send a message out that is of such powerful meaning it makes profit for those who are investing in the products being marketed.

Example I've known three plus people who were in bands, as per their music being recorded it was alright and nothing exceptional, in two cases the music never went anywhere because after it was recorded even with pure talent, the music is then placed on the web and only channelled where the overlords want the direction of the industry to go. So it really doesn't matter how good the music actually is. It's who pays off the most investors and listening programming cues to have the most amount of listeners, and makes play/airtime for an artist or band to become popular and known.