1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Best pallettes?

Discussion in 'Beauty & Fashion' started by yarmulke, Oct 15, 2016.

1. yarmulke

yarmulke New Member

Blogs:
    I was never in to getting pallettes before as the big cost (good value though, I see now) would scare me away and so I'd choose just one item and purchase it individually. I got a customizable pallette from Mac for my birthday and now I'm obsessed. Any suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zemmers

Zemmers New Member

Blogs:
    Naked 2 is pretty good. But you can get palettes from shoppers that are just as good and cheaper. Try e.l.f and nyx brands.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:
    If I HAD to choose only 1 palette to take to a deserted island it would be KVD shade & light and I would just cry for the rest when I got bored of it.
    But as @Zemmers said, drugstore brands are usually really good dupes for practically everything. And Z palettes are amazing because you can buy singles from lots more brands than just Mac that are cheaper (Makeup Geek, Colour pop, Nyx etc)
    I am biased and have a palette hoarding obsession but I would say don't buy a palette unless you will use at least 80% of the colours, otherwise it's not worth it.

4. lellojello

lellojello Member

Blogs:
    I'm still all for the MAC custom palettes.
    If you can afford it (and the shipping for it), try Illamasqua palettes. Beautiful colours. Insane pigmentation.
    Makeup Forever has some lovely stuff, and, honestly, the sephora brand has some nice stuff, too.

I find the naked palettes SO DAMNED BORING. Don't get me wrong, I love Urban Decay, but beige on beige is snore (or taupe on ..darker taupe. or grey on grey, warm brown on cool brown, whatever. boring). I tend to avoid drugstore stuff simply because I like high pigmentation, and I've never found a drugstore brand that had enough pigmentation for me.