1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Church

Discussion in 'Politics and Debate' started by imakehersay, Nov 25, 2017.

1. .:Batman:.

.:Batman:. Addict

Blogs:
    I feel like Joseph is me in real life I wouldn’t even get to have set with my wife and now I have a kid

• Love Love x 1
  2. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    According to one of the earliest sources about Jesus, he was just trying to continue the religion of David, not create a new one. Paul might have had too much influence on early Christianity or maybe not. When the temple was Jerusalem was destroyed by Titus much of James the Just (the leader of the early church) so the teachings associated with that might have gotten lost, at least a little. And others say that Jesus was influenced by Eastern mysticism. And then the idea that Jesus was fully divine and fully human is just the doctrine that won out. All I'm saying is that it is hard to know what Jesus exactly taught, lol, especially about what he was. :) For instance, the Gnostic Gospel of Judas, say that Judas was Jesus most trusted confidante because Jesus revealed to him knowledge that was only privy to him, lol. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    Have you heard of the theory that the whole Jesus legend came about because of Caesarion, Cleopatra's son?

4. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    No, I have not. :)

5. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    This is where I learned everything I know about Jesus

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TheThirdAngel144

TheThirdAngel144 Newbie

Blogs:
    What particulary doesn't make any sense, is why would anyone say that Jesus summed up a law, that you don't have to keep? What was the point of summing it up, and commanding it, if it wasn't meant to be kept? If I sum up the rules to a forum, just be kind, courtoues, loving, etc. does that negate the forum rules? Of course not. It makes no sense to say Jesus summed up the law, and commanded it, and at the same time, abolished our need for obeying it.