1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

COMICS

Discussion in 'Books and Literature' started by Anne-Aleacia, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Anne-Aleacia

Anne-Aleacia Newbie

Blogs:
    Lets talk comics!!!! so many to choose from dc, marvel, independent, hell I love the Adventure Time comics, Rick and Morty Comics, even Regular Show has its own comic, love the new art styles, even manga are a fun read. What comics do people enjoy anything new and interesting in the world of comics that can be shared?

2. Rogue Boner

Rogue Boner Guest

Blogs:
    I fell off of comics when they killed Wolverine 120% a year or two ago. Then proceeded to dismantle the X-Men and the entire multiverse of mutants. Surviving mutants are stuck on random teams. Inhumans are becoming the new Mutants because Marvel still owns the movie rights to them and Fox won't give back X-Men. Also not a fan of all the characters getting gender swapped for equality or w/e, seems kind of pointless.

3. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Veteran Pic Mod

Blogs:
    Yeah really we had gender equality 20 years ago, these people today are raising a gripe simply to raise a gripe and garner some attention. It's pathetic.

4. Rogue Boner

Rogue Boner Guest

Blogs:
    Hulk is missing She-Hulk dropped the She she's just HULK now.. Jane Foster is Thor.. but Thor is also Thor the new Marvel Girl is indian 'cause.. apparently they aren't represented or w/e. My friend at work legit raged when she found out Thor is a chick now.

5. Kyle L'hirondelle

Kyle L'hirondelle Newbie

Blogs:
    sad to see that marvel is or has already killed off one of their biggest series, x-men was got me into comics and seeing them get shoved off bit of a piss off.

6. Anne-Aleacia

Anne-Aleacia Newbie

Blogs:
    Yea but the whole point of X-Men was that it was to represent the struggles of the minority class. Now with society being the way it is the X-Men lost the edge that was them. The hidden points of Xavier and Magneto's relationship being that they also represented the two different ideals of martin Lutheran king and Malcolm X. Each fighting for equality but to different extremes. Now we don't want to or need to white wash these representations, and females are gaining moment in the world of comics because more girls are reading and being interested in comics. I loved X-Men for they had best female characters for a girl to look up to. Wonder Womans beginings are terribly sexist and had hidden bdsm agenda. The X-men had deeply ingrained social political issues that were in every issue, they started loosing that in early 2000's. But so much more has grown from marvel since then. The super powered black girl with glasses! shes is awesome!!

7. Rogue Boner

Rogue Boner Guest

Blogs:
    You sound oddly american.. wanting to read more shit about white washing etc etc etc.

8. Anne-Aleacia

Anne-Aleacia Newbie

Blogs:
    Far from American I was born and raised in Canada. I mean white washing in charchters for as I said both Xavier and Magneto represented Martin Lutheran king and Malcolm X. which are both black men who represented the black community during the time of segregation. When comics started there was heavy racism, because that was the time.

9. Anne-Aleacia

Anne-Aleacia Newbie

Blogs:
    I can see why they are letting them go, The inhumans will never replace X-Men but in the end they need to move on! X-Men were great but the communities they represented now have a proper representation! I look into new Marvel heroes (most heroes born with powers are either mutants or aliens) X men started dying out once they officially killed and removed Xavier from the series. Had a former villain take over the school which i found really killed it. Civil war also shows why X-Men had to end. The school become the exact opposite to what it was built for!

10. Rogue Boner

Rogue Boner Guest

Blogs:
    I have no issue with them doing something different. I take issue with them being like "GUYS LOOK AT US NEW MARVEL GIRL IS INDIAN ..CAN WE GET A PAT ON THE BACK? WE'RE SO FORWARD THINKING!"
    Just make a new character or some shit, or a character who has passed on the mantle in the past. Like how Cap passed on the shield to Bucky, then took it back then passed it on to Falcon. Miles Morales being Ultimate Spooderman in an alternate universe and being black/hispanic was pretty cool too. Spider-Gwen is kind of ok but she's quickly becoming the new Deadpool. Deadpool was best when he got maybe 1 or 2 comics a season.. not 37 solos and 52 collabs.

11. Rogue Boner

Rogue Boner Guest

Blogs:
    X-Men actually ended because of the film rights thing.. it's about money not the story my guy. Marvel has been trying to strong arm film rights back since making their own studio under Disney. Fox refuses to give it up. Sony semi-leased the rights back to them eg. Spooderman Homecoming.

12. Anne-Aleacia

Anne-Aleacia Newbie

Blogs:
    I agree with the Deadpool, they are killing that superhero with over marketing and such. I blame all the movies and tv shows. That goes the DC too! I read this marvel hero comic that was a little black girl with freckles and glasses. I can't remember her name but it was a great story line.

13. Kyle L'hirondelle

Kyle L'hirondelle Newbie

Blogs:
    yeah i can see where you coming from for sure. i seen something about the house of m story and that was when i first seen the fate of the x-men and mutants in general

14. Rogue Boner

Rogue Boner Guest

Blogs:
    Deadpool's original run when he actually had a bit of story to him was great. Then he became MEMES 4TH WALL BREAKS HUEHUEHUE I'M WACKY GAIZ LUFF ME!

I've never been into DC much. I relate to their villians more than their heroes. That and their villians are generally written much better. Superman is pretty bland. Batman is pretty meh. Green Lantern is ..sorta okay? at least Hal Jordan. Wonderwoman never really interested me. Just their line-up feels weak compared to Marvel.

15. Rogue Boner

Rogue Boner Guest

Blogs:
    House of M was because they wrote themselves into a creative corner. Too many mutants. No way to showcase them all. So they focused solely on fan favourites and the most important ones. Killed off a lot of obscure or little known mutants and the fans of those mutants got mad.. hence the whole Salvation/Messiah set up with Hope Summers fixing the Mutant birthrate. They had planned to keep X-Men going that whole Hope Summers arc is proof. It's just they can't get the rights back from Fox so they're opting to starve them out of content in order to make them forfeit the rights like Sony almost did before they tried Amazing Spiderman.

16. Anne-Aleacia

Anne-Aleacia Newbie

Blogs:
    Sadly the civil war story line is killing every hereo in a very polical manner based on security vs freedom! and Security WON!!!!!

17. Rogue Boner

Rogue Boner Guest

Blogs:
    didn't keep up with Civil War II.. saw they were re-releasing Secret Wars ..they're just retreading old ground over and over now. Recycled stories + Gender Swaps + Race Swaps = Too many gimmicks ..not enough ideas. Hence why I stopped wasting my 4 dollars an issue and just play vidya games

18. Kyle L'hirondelle

Kyle L'hirondelle Newbie

Blogs:
    ah that makes sense, was wondering what her story was. like i know next to fuck all for comics from a rapper filled small town, only series i read is the infinity sagas and started reading x-men from the beginning

19. Rogue Boner

Rogue Boner Guest

Blogs:
    She's the first mutant born after House of M and gets the last name Summers as an honourary type deal she's Cable's "Daughter"
    She technically has every power, but not actually she can just copy it. Where Rogue absorbs it and uses it. Hope is just like oh you shoot ice stuff ..neat ..now I shoot ice stuff =3

20. Kyle L'hirondelle

Kyle L'hirondelle Newbie

Blogs:
    hahah yeah i seen on this YouTube channel bit about her and yeah sounded like a op version of rouge like can even use multiple abilities at once. dunno how far away she can be in order to still copy. that and was able to attain the white phoenix