1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Coot drama

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Karlijn, May 19, 2017.

1. Karlijn

Karlijn Well-Known Member Staff Member

Blogs:
    On our way home, my friend and I found a dead coot lying in the grass next to the path in the park. My friend wanted to pick it up and put it in a garbage bin, before a child or dog would find it, but another coot stepped in and tried to chase us away from its dead friend. In the end we just left it there, but I still wonder if the coot understood what was going on.

2. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:
    I wonder if that was it's mate protecting the body? I read the Wikipedia page because I didn't know wtf a Coot was :hungry: It said they are territorial and agressive so it's possible it was like "stay away from my dead husband".

3. Karlijn

Karlijn Well-Known Member Staff Member

Blogs:
    You're probably right. They are terribly territorial, but I'm just wondering if it knew its mate was dead, or if they even understand the concept of death. Probably not.

4. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:
    My first thought was they might be cannibals and it was just waiting until the coast was clear. But from my quick Google search that seems unlikely :p

• Funny Funny x 1