1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

ELECTION TODAY

Discussion in 'Politics and Debate' started by Mark CM, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member

Blogs:
    Let's talk about today's election here!

• Like Like x 1
  2. skullpirate01

skullpirate01 Guest

Blogs:
  3. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    This is the first election year I haven't really cared who wins or who does not, either way just bless me with superior ultra elite powers from yourself the presidential race winner.

Sincerely, your truest
    The Original Cib3rNaut

4. Mark CM

Blogs:
    Are you surprised thus far or completely unsurprised? After Brexit, I'm really not that surprised.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. skullpirate01

skullpirate01 Guest

Blogs:
    Trump the Populist vs. Hilary the Corporatist, who gunna win?

6. celesticaii

celesticaii Active Member

Blogs:
    He actually did it...

7. Mark CM

Blogs:
    Yup. Reactions?

I am, of course, really saddened by America's new political reality. I worry that it sets us back after Obama. I hope, if anything, the DNC can learn from this embarrassing loss and fix itself from within. But I share in the terror that so many people woke up feeling today.

• Like Like x 1
  8. skullpirate01

skullpirate01 Guest

Blogs:
    I heard that he's gonna strike down Obamacare and build Coal power plants like China and renew friendly ties with Russia. So many things, so many things.

9. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    I have no defined predictions, although I would say it probably won't turn out the way anyone is specifically quoting or making notes about in public media due to Trump's randomness. I figure many more states will become pro Chinese and Russian throughout the next year or so. With exports and imports increasing and possibly being reactivated in Canada with sanctions being lifted. Donald Trump is an egotist, which means after the election there may be way less coverage of all his activities, and it might spin the media in a completely different agenda towards said goals being accomplished.

10. celesticaii

celesticaii Active Member

Blogs:
    Besides my disgust for the blatant example of white privilege? Nothing else really comes to mind...

11. Mark CM

Blogs:
    Oh god. Shaun King is compiling stories from POC, women, LGBT, and other's experiencing hate crimes on Day 1 after Trump's win. Super scary stuff and VERY real.

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing

12. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    I've detected massive levels of stalkerness around my area of the Canada's, people are weirding out all over the place. See how long this Trump effect lasts

13. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    I'd argue that Clinton is the _definition_ of white privilege.

Start with this Op-Ed:
    https://medium.com/@trentlapinski/d...erstand-why-trump-won-5a0cdb13c597#.7picxa1jn

Then see how a blowhard such as Trump was able to win _regardless_ of the opponent:
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about/

The liberal white knights running around screaming injustice at every turn are the cause of their own hell. Worse, most Americans didn't even bother voting in the first place.
    AndThis.jpg

And of course people forget that big decisions still need to go through the House and Senate. The amount of damage that any President can _actually_ cause due to their unilateral decisions is fairly limited. For that reason, I don't care to get all that involved.
    RationalPerson.jpg

14. skullpirate01

skullpirate01 Guest

Blogs:
    Yeah people are pretty sure that Trump will actually help the situation as far as standing up to OPEC and in getting Albertan oil back on the market goes(pipelines, more pipelines). Will he actually do anything? That remains to be seen.

It's really up in the air right now as to how Trump will affect things. Remember, he does have the senate behind him with a Republican majority, so the bills they will be a passin' it won't be like the Obama administration where half of everything proposed gets shot down simply because it came from a Democratic President to a Republican Senate.

It's a damn shame that he'll be trying to destroy the human rights record that Obama helped establish in the US, like with healthcare and gay rights. He's gonna cause some more riots I think if he runs his mouth in his Presidency like he did while he was on the campaign trail. People want to be treated like people, and they're not always guaranteed to be in the US it seems. I hope he's not half as fascistic as his mouth made him out to be...I hate fascists.

15. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    I doubt his behaviour in office matches his rhetoric during the campaign.

16. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    I seriously wonder if Trump pre-loaded years of electronically engineered data into all voters, before running for president with the issued reasoning of swaying the complete vote to himself. Using all media and other sourced Trump materials. And then just dictated a speech based response to all the known data everyone had seen.

17. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:

• Winner Winner x 1