1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Everyone's lurking

Discussion in 'User Topics' started by Wrecky, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:
    That's fine IRL situations, some people are just like that ;)
    You must get some enjoyment out of online interactions though, why else would you post :pompous:

2. *XHellionX*

*XHellionX* New Member

Blogs:
    Teen Pregnancies and Overdoeses happened, regardless of this websites existence. I'm assuming you meant your post as sarcasm; because statistically, Facebook is the reason for many failed marriages, murders, assaults, and destruction of relationships and employment.

Nexopia had its hayday back during the mid-2000's; and, after Facebook, and steamlining of media became the new trend, related sites were basically obsolete. It's one of those things where, we'd imagine things could be as they were, and trying to 'rebuild' this site to its former glory.

However, not to be negative, I believe this site is purely still up, because of the small community that still is involved, due to the nostalgia they have from being here for so many years. It's the only reason I came back to see the change.

It'll still have it's place with people, but, I wouldn't expect a whole lot of activity, as people have grown up; and, if it weren't for the email I got, I would've honestly totally forgotten about this site. I still have memories of this place, but, after being banned in '07 for uttering empty threats, I really didn't have much reason to remember.

Anyway, I've probably written enough. Glad to be 'semi-back', and, as I said earlier, if you need someone to talk with, I'll be around.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Wrecky

Blogs:
    The fact that you are back at all kinda disproves your point. Rome wasn't built in a day, give it time and we'll see what Nexopia becomes ;)
    I have my hopes pinned on the next gen like @SirJordan because teens are usually the ones that start trends and "Nexopia, because your mom's on Facebook" :p

• Like Like x 2
  4. Posta

Posta Active Member

Blogs:
    .... I'm pretty sure the divorce rate has consistently been declining since 1980.

5. Rawrgodzilla

Rawrgodzilla New Member

Blogs:
    lol 4chan is the scourge of the internet.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    The internet has made a massive shift in the past 5 years, Many applications and trendy programs are now obsolete. It seems designed better although the interface of controls is no longer in the internet browsers grasp anymore. Simplistic more advanced versions are made, Yet the experience isn't really the same as it used to be.

7. Part-Times Platypus

Part-Times Platypus Active Member

Blogs:
    Incorrect. What 4chan devolved into is bad but Reddit is 4chan 2.0.. and that is the face of true cancer. Also tumblr and its army of feminazi tumblrina's comes to a close second

8. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member

Blogs:
    What I like about Nexopia, and it's something I really miss about the old internet, is it creates links between different people in different cities, provinces/states, and countries. Facebook has become an echo chamber where the only people you interact with are ones that share your tastes, opinions, and peers. I think this aspect of Nexopia gives it the potential to keep going.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Mark CM

Blogs:
    And this is an area where we're trying to make Nexopia better, not banning people senselessly, allowing for unpersonalized avatars, etc. Still a lot more to improve (profile pages, mobile) but there's a lot already here that's great.

And yeah, this comes up a lot but lots of people are leaving Facebook and that's an interesting trend. Its ubiquitousness might be its downfall.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Part-Times Platypus

Blogs:
    To be honest I miss the old forum/message board days.
    Facecock/Twatter/etc. just feels stupid and gimmicky to me. Especially when they collect your info as well as any content you post and market it as their own original content.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    Lurky lurkers out there lurking

12. Wrecky

Blogs:
    I gotta feeling somebody's watching us o_O

13. Part-Times Platypus

Blogs:
    In the words of my /b/ros
    "you just gotta lurk moar"

14. FlamesFanatic

FlamesFanatic Active Member

Blogs:
    I like lurking. You learn things. Bide your time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. xxzefxx

xxzefxx Member

Blogs:
  16. Mark CM

Blogs:
    :singing: Lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk. :headphone:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    Lurkers outside, lurkers at my door, lurkers in the store, lurkers doing their lurking and with extreme lurkiness. LURK LURK LURK E

• Like Like x 1