1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Fellow Child Free BC people? (Civilized Parents welcome)

Discussion in 'British Columbia' started by Isadoor, Aug 11, 2017.

?

Are you Child Free?

Poll closed Friday at 2:30 AM.
  1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Currently a Fence Sitter

25.0%
  4. Currently a Parent; love it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Currently a Parent, secretly Regret it (Absolutely no shame it this option!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Isadoor

Isadoor Guest

Blogs:
    Preface: If you're going to discuss the topic, please be civil about it, I hate seeing snobtastic parents bash the CF as if they're the bane of their existence. It's not that big of a deal honestly.

Hey all; curious to see if there's any other Child Free people in BC.

For those who don't understand what Child Free is, it's when you don't want kids at all whatsoever be it naturally, either because they can't (naturally sterile), or the person is Tokophobic (Fear of Pregnancy or Child Birth), or via Adoption or what have you. Some think it's foolish/selfish, but I highly disagree.

In today's current society, the cost of Food, Rent/Mortgage (mainly this tbh), and what have you is astronomically, insanely high, especially in places/metropolises such as Vancouver; and I think people (especially those who are Single and live alone) need every penny earned to live, and keep food on the table, clothes on their back, and a roof over their head.

Plus you have pocket money for things you want/need which is a huge plus, like Vacations, even if it's a short 3 hour drive getaway for the day.

Another huge peeve of those that are Child Free are their families. Many want them to "carry on the family name" or "try to make history" or some shit like that. Honestly, there's millions/thousands of people with the last name Johnson, or Van-Dyke, etc. etc., you get the picture I'm sure), so, who gives a flying fuck about "carrying on the family name"? The surname ain't that special.

Another is Religion, which is natural. Many have broken away from their faith or disregard certain aspects of their faith (procreation is obviously one of them) only to be shamed/put down by their Family, which is understandable, but also extremely saddening.

I personally love it where I see people post that their family is completely understanding in their CF choice.

Hopefully no offense was created; if you are/were, I'm sorry you felt offended.

2. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:
    Too bad the user deleted his account, this is a great topic. I personally don't care for children and have never wanted any. The older I get the more convinced I am that child free is the life for me. :cigar:

3. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Active Member

Blogs:
    Hey if you don't care about a legacy or anything like that then sure skip the hardship rofl
    I feel the exact same way, am 50/50 on the fence about EVER wanting kids.

4. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:
    Kids are not the only way to leave a legacy... If I were a dude I might be a fence sitter too. But being the one that would have to actually endure a pregnancy and breast feeding etc, no fucking thanks! :hilarious:
    I can't imagine anything I want to do less than that. If I ever decide I want someone I can guilt into looking after me in my old age, I'll adopt a teenager.

• Like Like x 1