1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Half a decade. Fill me in.

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by Ready.Set.Go., Dec 1, 2016.

1. Ready.Set.Go.

Ready.Set.Go. Newbie

Blogs:
    Hey Nex Admins,

Not sure if this is the right place for this so please move if necessary.

Contrary to my profile join date, I've been using Nexopia for over a decade. I noticed several years ago that the site seemed to have completely plunged into the depths of has-been websites - resting alone in the internet junk yard. The coding and site entirely was fucked where nothing worked, there was countless errors, lost pages, nothing could be accessed etc. I tried to research what was going on but found few answers. I gave up a few years ago thinking Nexopia had just been abandoned by its owners. I checked back every couple years or so since then and saw that it looked like ownership had changed hands a few times and someone was trying to bring it back to life. Still though, the last time I was here, the website functionality was still at an all time low and there seemed to be little user activity (considering this site received millions of visitors in its prime).

I got an e-mail today from Nexopia informing me of new forum threads which, is ultimately what brought me back here today. It looks like website functionality has improved and it seems like there's some actual user activity going on here which is rad.

So I guess just wondering now if Nexopia is trying to make a comeback, under new ownership or whatever. After so many years of mystery and speculation regarding the site I'd love to know what's been happening lately and what's on the agenda for the future.

I really identified with Nexopia and it's community when I first joined back in 2005-ish. Of course I was a whiny emo teenager back then and now I'm almost 30 so that's a sobering thought. Regardless, I would still love to be a contributing member of this community and see Nexopia restored to an active social website that allows its users a chance to outlet, express and socialize. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    Hi @Ready.Set.Go.!

You posted in the right place. I'm going to forward this to the new owners because I think it really nails a lot of old users' feelings about Nexopia.

In short, the new/current owners are legitimately trying to make Nexopia work, although it is still the early stages. There are tonnes of people who check in and occasionally contribute to the site, and a core of users who are making the site a worthwhile site to read. The best thing you can do right now is get on board, participate, and invite any of your friends to come back (or sign up for the first time).

Also, if you have any comments about the current Nexopia and what can be better, please post in the "Site Suggestions" forum so we can make changes with user needs in mind.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    Story of my life lol welcome back :D

4. DevilDog3000

DevilDog3000 Newbie

Blogs:
    Welcome back!

5. Ready.Set.Go.

Ready.Set.Go. Newbie

Blogs:
    @Wrecky Thanks for the warm wishes and glad I'm not the only one haha!
    @Mark CM Thanks for the update on what's been happening. I'll definitely pass along the word. Looking forward to seeing Nexopia's progress in the coming days. :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. cheKKmarks666

cheKKmarks666 Newbie

Blogs:
    I am also returning to the site, and like you, noticed Nexopia had seemed abandoned. I loved this site. My old account has over 2,000 blog posts of which I would LOVE to be able to read again. I do however miss the old layout. It was simple, editing my page and changing the layout was always so fun, and making blogs was SO easy (I have yet to figure out how to make a blog post with my new account). The customization seemed more important to the site admin than it does now. I hope I end up liking Nexopia like I used to. Logging on everyday was as common as logging onto facebook. I lived on this site. Looking at users pages, reading their blogs, meeting new people. I had somehow logged into my old account sometime in January of 2012, and must have changed the password. To which I will never remember, and I can't reset it due to not having access to the email attached to the account. Is there anyway admin can help me? @Mark CM
    Happy posting Nexopia. I hope this site comes back to life like it used to.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  7. Mark CM

Blogs:
    Hi @cheKKmarks666! I can definitely help even if you don't have access to that email address. Can you PM me with the username and we'll go from there? Apologies if I'm slow to respond over Christmas, but I should be able to get you into that account asap.

8. cheKKmarks666

cheKKmarks666 Newbie

Blogs:
    The account name was cheKKmarks. Sorry I hadn't replied, my life was turned upside down on me :yawn: Please help me get back into that account!! I would be EVER grateful <3 @Mark CM

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mark CM

Blogs:
    Ah I just saw this! Sorry! I'll PM you and get it sorted.

10. cheKKmarks666

cheKKmarks666 Newbie

Blogs:
    thank you!!