1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

New Canadian music

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mark CM, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member

Blogs:
    What are your favourite new Canadian bands? I'm working on a project and could use some help!

2. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    assuming to listen to... there are plenty of others that are good/influential/etc... (jet set satellite, blue rodeo, bachman turner overdrive, the guess who, 54/40, CTD, BNL, our lady peace, nickelback, et al), but here are some that I'll actually throw on:

the tragically hip, jeff healey, neil young, matt mays, billy talent, age of days (daze), alexisonfire, theory of a deadman, three days grace, tom cochrane, dallas green (city and colour)...

Edit: Shit, I missed the word "new" in there. This is the only new band I know: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrebleBand

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:
    I can only think of unsigned local bands :p and I guess Hot Hot Heat but they're not new

4. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    There haven't really been any New Canadian Mega Bands in years

5. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:
    @djfly Nickelback fucking blows :cigar:

6. Mark CM

Blogs:
    Unsigned is fine and I didn't say "mega" bands. Just wanna know what people like that's contemporary and Canadian.

I really like a lot of the new hip hop and r&b (Alessia Cara, The Weeknd) but I don't know much mainstream indie rock, rock, folk type stuff. Andy Shauf is probably the only new record I've heard in awhile.

7. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
  8. BillyTalent.

BillyTalent. New Member

Blogs:
    Some awesome Canadian bands I've been getting into in recent years (they're not really new, but would maybe be new to you)
    Single Mothers, Indian Handcrafts, Overnight, Cancer Bats, Julie & The Wrong Guys, Ninjaspy. If you like Billy Talent definitely check out their older stuff (you've probably heard of it) under the name Pezz.

9. Mark CM

Blogs:
    I definitely don't like Billy Talent, but otherwise this is a decent list. But also not new enough for me. I love Julie though and The Wrong Guys stuff is awesome.

10. BillyTalent.

BillyTalent. New Member

Blogs:
    Fair enough! Yeah I think the newest thing on there is definitely Julie And The Wrong Guys.

11. BillyTalent.

BillyTalent. New Member

Blogs:
    A friend of mine is in a band called Southbound Crow. Check em out on Soundcloud. They're pretty awesome I gotta say.

12. VelvetSpade..21

VelvetSpade..21 New Member

Blogs:
    Okay who remembers Skye Sweetnam? Attempted canadian pop star from the early 2000's with that song about Shakespeare? I Was listening to The Creepshow (canadian horrorbilly band, or some crazy genre like that) on youtube the other night and her band SumoCyco popped up in the related videos list. Not terrible actually, and theyre growing on me. Definitely an acquired taste though.

Someone mentioned Ninjaspy earlier and I friggin love them. Had to throw that out there.

This post has brought it to my attention that I havent seen a local band play in forever. Got to fix that asap.

Are you looking for specific genres @Mark CM ?

13. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    I wanted to start a Canadian radio station where all the music would be removed from the backgrounds of songs and only the vocals would be present. With no commercials and very few broadcasts of disc jockeys. Basically no sound effects and only vocals 24 hours a day. And using classic rock / adult alternative would have been the choice of sound being played.

14. Mark CM

Blogs:
    Not really. Definitely thinking more mainstream, but any genre is fine. I know a lot of Toronto bands, but it's interesting to hear what local music people on the other side of the country are listening to.

15. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
  16. celesticaii

celesticaii Active Member

Blogs:

• Like Like x 2