1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

NEW users say hi!

Discussion in 'User Topics' started by Wrecky, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Karlijn

Karlijn Nexopian youngster Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    I created two in yhe last week, and they're both still there.

2. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
  3. Vassago

Vassago Regular

Blogs:
    Well the guys posts that you quoted in this thread are gone, his thread (that he also linked to here) is gone, and he's gone. If it was because it was considered spam, I'm not sure how it would be seen as such. The guy was asking for help on his project.

4. Wrecky

Blogs:
    Making one thread is fine, but because he also got off track in this one is why it would have been considered spam. I just gave him a friendly reminder to keep his request where it was appropriate and a suggestion on how to get more people involved.
    @Mark CM did you delete that guy?

5. Vassago

Vassago Regular

Blogs:
    @Pablenllo Here's your photo!
    A photo of our giant pysanka (Easter egg) taken in Vegreville, Alberta

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 2
  6. Pablenllo

Pablenllo Newbie

Blogs:
    Hi guys, sorry if my post was considered spam, i would ask one by one to people if they can help me, thx canadians friends :D @Vassago @Wrecky

• Like Like x 3
  7. Wrecky

Blogs:
  8. Vassago

Vassago Regular

Blogs:
    I always do.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wrecky

Blogs:
  10. Pablenllo

Pablenllo Newbie

Blogs:
  11. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    Yes, when he posted the exact same message in two different threads, I perceived that as spam so I nuked the account. With the amount of spam on this site, there are sometimes judgment calls that can go either way. I hope I get 99% of them right. It happens.

@Pablenllo thanks for coming back and my apologies.

• Love Love x 2
  12. Pablenllo

Pablenllo Newbie

Blogs:
    @Mark CM It doesn't matter, thanks. :D

13. Vassago

Vassago Regular

Blogs:
    As a site that desperately needs new and active users, it's probably a good idea to give posters the benefit of the doubt rather than quickly banning their accounts. That's a great way to ruin an already dead site.

It also seems that you're trying to keep this place as close to the original Nexopia as possible, keeping ideas that helped to make Nexopia fail and that aren't very helpful to create a productive community, yet you aren't following the original nexopia rules that you have since adopted.

In the past, you would never have to worry that your account is going to be deleted from a single post that someone considered spam. If it actually WAS spam, there were first warnings, then temp bans and, if you still kept it up, possibly an account deletion. And that's if it WAS spam, which I cannot understand how you even considered it as so. He was not advertising for his website or product and did not make repeated posts or threads in the forums. He simply made a second post in a different thread that clarified his original post, clearly because English isn't his native language and he was worried there would be some communication issues and wanted to clarify. How is that possibly considered spam and, more importantly, what rules state that said spam means immediate deletion of your account? Innocent until proven guilty, not the electric chair because you misread the situation.

It's pretty clear to me that you have absolutely no experience in moderating or running a forum, no experience with the forums of Nexopia back in the day and the community that was built up around those online relationships with one-another, and have no idea what you're doing. You're doing a terrible job at trying to bring back a forum that was dead for a reason, for the same reasons that you're now trying to also bring back. I would recommend that rather than having a heavy hand at moderating, you try to be as accommodating, understanding, and non-judging as possible or you're never going to have any chance of making something of this site.

14. Wrecky

Blogs:
    Shots fired @Vassago
    Can we maybe move this to PM's between you and Mark or to Site Suggestions?
    Y'all are hijacking the newbie introduction thread. People are already shy about posting, let's not make them uncomfortable too :facepalm:

15. Vassago

Vassago Regular

Blogs:
    I'm uncomfortable that my account may be deleted because I made a poste in this thread that isn't on topic.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Wrecky

Blogs:
    Point taken, but that's an exaggeration ;)

17. Vassago

Vassago Regular

Blogs:
    From what happened yesterday, is it really?

And Mark, I'm sure you don't know this and were just thrown into a position that you don't know anything about nor the history of it, but you may want to know what really killed Nexopia in the end. Even after the massive drop in active users, dead forums, etc. AS & Teens were always the largest, most active forums. Near the end of the life of Nexopia, the only active subforum left was Teens, AS had maybe one new thread a week but there were still maybe two dozen stubborn, active posters that remained in Teens.

They constantly butted heads with the new admin, MichaelR, who had no idea how to run a forum and modded it with a heavy hand, ruining the careful balance between posters and mods that had always existed in subforums such as Teens and AS. At one point, MichaelR was tired of the teasing and insulting that he was constantly the target of and used his power for personal reasons and perma-banned a poster that was giving him a rough time. The rest of the remaining posters argued against this great injustice and ultimately all left the site en masse when MichaelR refused to change his decision. The last remaining subforum was dead.

Don't make the same mistakes that he did, don't be a MichaelR.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wrecky

Blogs:
    That part is an exaggeration, no one has ever been deleted just for posting off topic. Most you would get is a warning and your shit being moved. :)

19. Torry Cox

Torry Cox Newbie

Blogs:
    Hello everyony! My name is Torry. I'm glad to be here.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wrecky

Blogs:
    What up Torry :D We're happy to have you.

• Like Like x 1