1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Some Morning Glory photos

Discussion in 'Photography' started by escaped.light, Aug 16, 2016.

1. escaped.light

escaped.light New Member

Blogs:
    I haven't been on Nexopia in years and decided to drop in and see what was up.

Glad to see there is a photography section in the forums, as I've spent the years I've been away from Nex perfecting my photography, so I thought I'd share a few I just shot this weekend with a friend.

I'll probably share some more in some future threads, since I like attention. ;)

BAGMAN---Cast_and_Crew---Set01 (1 of 27).JPG

BAGMAN---Cast_and_Crew---Set01 (2 of 27).JPG

• Like Like x 4
  2. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:
    Very cool :cool:

3. celesticaii

celesticaii Active Member

Blogs:
  4. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Very nice! How do you like your A37?

1/3 of a second, I see some softness in the trees, can I assume that these (at least the second) were shot hand-held?

5. escaped.light

escaped.light New Member

Blogs:
    It's alright. It has a decent sensor because it's a Sony and I have some pretty good lenses, but it's got a crappy body without many controls on it so it doesn't feel or play like a good professional camera.

I had a Konica Minolta D7 prior to this, and it set the bar unreasonably high for what I want in a camera. It was a true professionals camera... But it broke and can't be fixed because Konica Minolta shut their doors on the camera market in 2006 and landed up selling it to Sony. Which is great because Sony uses the same lens mounts and sensor technology now.

I'll stick with Sony no matter what tho, because even on this cheap A37, the color reproduction and image quality is amazing. Beyond all the others as far as I'm concerned. Thinking I'll get into the A7 once I have the money.

Haha... That's the long answer. :p

And yeah, it was handheld, but I think my shutter was higher than 1/3. I had the aperture wide open at 2.8 on my sigma 70 - 210mm. Great lens. Love it.

6. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    The EXIF data on (at least one of) the images showed a 1/3s shutter time.
    The Sigma 70-210, that's an old beast!

I use a fairly recent 70-200 Sigma (70-200 F2.8 DG EX HSM) on my Nikon, I love it for birds and other wildlife. It's a bit short for truly wild creatures, but I love the 100mm range for certain portrait work. It compliments my Sigma 28-70 f2.8 quite nicly.

Either way, nice shots =)