1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

The BEST things about the Old Nexopia

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by Mark CM, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    Same! Good feedback! Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. VelvetSpade..21

VelvetSpade..21 Newbie

Blogs:
    Im so late to the party on this. But I went down nostalgia lane and now I cant seem to leave. It feels almost like NEXUS in here. On top of all the stuff mentioned by -Toxxic;;* I also really liked the "plus" feature from old OLD nex where you pay 5$ for a month and you get extra special skins, spotlighted more frequently, and all that stuff. And it was free during your birthday week or something.

Loving that we can really edit our profiles still. To everyone whos been working hard to get this back up and running, youre doing a hell of a job and I look forward to being more active :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    Thanks @VelvetSpade..21 and never too late to the party on helping us improve the site. Constructive comments are always welcome!

I think a Plus feature is definitely in the cards down the line. There's no real need for it right now, but once site activity is up, we can bring that in.

4. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    Old Nexopia was too wild for the Internet itself, People just couldn't handle that type of fun in this day and age. Fun levels have been reduced in everything to save the middle aged adults the pain and suffering of the next younger generation. The only thing that didn't happen on the Old Nexopia was normality, which was filled in with every possible crazy experience that could take place.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. darci188

darci188 Newbie

Blogs:
    even i have to agree i remeber this site buzzing this was my place to be now its kinda dead i think it should lean back to old days and work for new musicians to get hype or noticed :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    Did you post in the Jurassic park forum?

7. darci188

darci188 Newbie

Blogs:
    nope sorry i have not. this is my first post in a few years didnt know how much this site changed even then. during that time i went on plus was still around idk if the sites changed handlers or what went on. Even searching users by city or province is even gone, it was nice to find like minded individuals in same place. met alot of people here, some im still good friends with and some lost connection with. sorry if posting this is against the rules.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    Haha no feel free to post criticism. I asked because the jurassic park forum was for local music, but maybe it was only calgary/edmonton music I can't remember. It sucks that the search feature is gone.. we still have the provincial forums but not everyone likes to post on the forums.

9. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    The user search should be a high priority to fix, it would help people connect so much better.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Karlijn

Karlijn Sorceress Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    All the Dutch users I have found so far haven't been online in years :(

11. Wrecky

Blogs:
    There used to be a way to search users that had been online recently, and narrow it down by location, age, sex, interests etc. If I remember correctly we were even able to search by height and weight.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Karlijn

Blogs:
    By height and weight? WTF?

13. Wrecky

Blogs:
    Nexopia used to be a dating/hookup site for teens. I only remember that because I searched users over 6f5 and found my Nexopia boyfriend :P

• Like Like x 1
  14. Karlijn

Blogs:
    I don't even know how tall/short I am

15. Wrecky

Blogs:
    You look short. Like 5f :P

16. Karlijn

Blogs:
    :mad:

• Love Love x 1
  17. Cijo Cyril

Cijo Cyril Guest

Blogs:
    There are some bugs with the script xenforo. Anyhow i lost my old user-name/a.c. The forum was awesome in late 2007~09 with audience & post. Also @technology updates are missing & limited too. Where are you folks #DarkwbAnony??
    [​IMG]

18. Cijo Cyril

Cijo Cyril Guest

Blogs:
    @Mark CM @Wrecky your forum has javascript virus injection @HTML JavaScript code.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Alyshiiaa

Alyshiiaa Newbie

Blogs:
    Some of this might be repetitive, but meh. I guess the more people who say it, the more likely it is to happen again, or something similar.

Plus Membership
    • User-created Forums I really enjoyed this because it gave people something new. It allowed us to create a space we wanted but wasn't officially offered. It gave us a place where we could have relaxed rules or heavy rules. I found it gave more opportunities for people to connect and get to know each other.
    • Profile Skins I liked being able to have something different and change up my profile when I got bored of it. It added a more unique flare to peoples profiles and gave some decent starter conversation material other than "hey baby show me your tits."
    • Profile Views I liked knowing who to block because they're creepy AF.
    Those were really the only reason I ever bought plus. The custom forum rank was a bonus I guess.

Edit: Is there going to be something in place for fake accounts, like on the old site?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Karlijn

Blogs:
    User created forums could be fun, and frankly I think the profiles are kind of boring too.