1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Trouble uploading media.

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by FaelanTheFox, Aug 3, 2016.

1. FaelanTheFox

FaelanTheFox Newbie

Blogs:
    Is there a file size limit when uploading photos? I can't seem to find anywhere where it specifies the maximum file size that can be uploaded. I keep getting an error that says it can't upload my photos, but doesn't really give a reason.

2. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    I've been having the same issue. I think it's just under a megabyte. Every image I uploaded that I had resized (under < 500kb) worked... anything directly off a camera without being resized wouldn't upload.

3. FaelanTheFox

FaelanTheFox Newbie

Blogs:
    Yeah I think photos taken with a camera need to be resized, because I got 3 pictures to upload and they were all taken with my phone.

4. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Same...

@SadikB
    @Mark CM
    Many people use their camera phones, most default to something over 6MP, many upwards of 16MP or more. This means 3-7 megabytes per image. If the user is forced to jump through hoops (resizing the images themselves), they're highly unlikely to upload anything.
    This is probably one of the higher priority user complaints right now... there is no real workaround for the majority of users.

5. SadikB

SadikB Administrator Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SadikB

SadikB Administrator Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    I have bumped the max size to 5 MB. Try with a single image first if it works.

• Like Like x 1