1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

UI/UX suggestions, because this site + mobile ≠ friends

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by lellojello, Sep 19, 2016.

?

Where do you use nexopia most?

1. Actual computer

50.0%
  2. Mobile

50.0%
  3. Both equally

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lellojello

lellojello Member

Blogs:
    I find this site fiddly to use on mobile. I'm not a bumbling noob old person. I'm a tech nerd with a large phone and small, precise fingers.

There are too many things going on. Lots of little tiny notification things, little menuey bits, and a vast wasteland for a footer on most pages.

When I can actually hit the messages icon instead of the one beside it, it takes me thee tries to get into the actual message or forum post instead of the users profile. Touching ANY of the text tile, including whitespace should take the user to the convo or thread. Clicking the user image beside it should bring up the profile.

I'd also put most of the things in the header into a hamburger menu, like they have on the mobile Steam client.

Images in profile descriptions should scale responsively, or there should be a mobile description option.

The likes / dislikes / places where people can list things FOREVER should be mushed down into an accordion, or shortened with an ellipses over X characters, because mobile profiles are crazy long.

The entire comments on statuses thing is unclear on mobile

The footer is FOUR SCREENS of garbage: I screen-shotted it. But can't figure out how to upload on mobile. If it's not immediately clear how to do something on mobile, it needs to be changed... (oh. Stuff appeared under what I was doing.. Bad design)

Screenshot_2016-09-19-09-57-40.png Screenshot_2016-09-19-09-57-45.png Screenshot_2016-09-19-09-57-49.png Screenshot_2016-09-19-09-57-56.png was that annoying? I know, right? That's my point

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  2. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    I agree with everything here...

Plus, the photo uploader and galleries need some attention to make them more usable on small devices as well.

3. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member

Blogs:
    @SadikB there's some GREAT feedback here. If Nexopia wants people to use the site, mobile needs to be a priority.

4. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:
    Nicely done @lellojello :D
    I mostly use mobile too and I've been annoyed every time I switch devices because of the inconsistencies. I'm not home much so it would be great if we could get a revamp.

5. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member

Blogs:
    AGREED.