1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

User forums

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by CJBarone, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    That was the worst Rick Roll evar

2. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Sorry, here:

3. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    That was the worst Rick Roll ever

4. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member

Blogs:
    True story, I Rick Rolled a bar once. I was DJing April Fools Day at this shitty punk bar. So I advertised a punk rock party and got a bunch of people out. As soon as 10pm hit, I played only Jock Jams and one hit wonders, starting and ending with Rick Astley. People were soooooo pissed off. I almost got into several fights. I could not believe people had high expectations on April 1st. Still a great prank!

5. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    If I'd done that in the bars I worked when I was younger... I wouldn't have ever finished a set... I definitely wouldn't have paid my bills for 2 years as a DJ... and my face would probably be a slightly different shape... heh.

6. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:
    I think that's hilarious! My birthday is April Fool's Day so I'm used to pranks and have a pretty good sense of humour about them. I can definitely see why the crowd would have been mad though :hilarious:

7. Mark CM

Blogs:
    Yeah, this was just a dive bar and it was a Tuesday. Would never have gotten away with it Thu-Sat. This was just a place punks and skaters hung out before the neighbourhood got gentrified into oblivion.

8. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Ah, gotcha. I've had those events.

9. Mark CM

Blogs:
    That being said, I have been known to throw in the occasional troll track into a DJ set. One time Vice brought me out to Montreal to DJ a big event with Municipal Waste & Negative Approach. Huge venue, but just to keep people entertained and in the room for the free booze between bands. My sets were great, but I didn't want to follow up the bands with legit good songs from their genre so I went totally left field. After NA, I played Spin Doctors. My buddy from Vice texting me frantically telling me to turn it off. It was so funny. Then after the next band, I played Semi-Charmed Life and I could hear another friend from Vice screaming joyfully across the giant hall. I told them I was going to do it, but I guess they thought I was joking.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. lellojello

lellojello Member

Blogs:
    oh dear. oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. yasss

• Love Love x 1