1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

What do you think about the compass card system in Vancouver?

Discussion in 'British Columbia' started by skrinkle, Sep 9, 2017.

1. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    At first I was like YES! But then I got overcharged because I apparently didn't tap out, and it thought I was being sneaky. So even though I had a monthly pass, I was required to pay the fair they thought I cheated them out of before I could continue using my pass. AND THEN I go to pay it and the smallest amount is TEN DOLLARS. So now I'm out $10 even tho I did tap out, it just didn't read it probably because in rush hour everyone slams through so fast I hit it wrong and didn't notice.

2. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Addict

Blogs:
    Yeah when I was in Van I wound up having to pay for a card twice for some reason, so to get to the airport I was 20bux instead of what should have been ten :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    I drive, but when I'm going DT to drink I take bus and skytrain and the whole system is STUPID AF :cussing:

• Like Like x 1
  4. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Addict

Blogs:
    Yeah its definitely not very intuitive. Some strung out city planners designed it for sure because it is ALL over the damn place. The zones and whatnot, bah who's got time for that.

5. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Addict

Blogs:
    I just looked for the minimum payment and made it, cause thats how we do son.

$8.45!!! :dead:

6. Wrecky

Blogs:
  7. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Addict

Blogs:
    Nope I was visiting me pappa and fam and was obliged to take the train from the airport and then back from DT to the airport which was really no thang save for yea I got screwed on the return ticket for an extra payment and the system was no intuitive at all meaning it was like "What" lol

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Wrecky

Blogs:
    Didn't think so :P

9. skrinkle

Blogs:
    It's funny because I use a card tapping system for 3 months in a different city and never had one single problem

10. celesticaii

celesticaii Veteran

Blogs:
    Omg the train last night fucking killed me! These delays need to stop. No wonder they upped the busses, because the trains are never running consistently or on time after 5. As for that being said it took me 30 minutes to get from Granville to Main. They only give you an hour and a half for transfers and for most people it takes an hour to get to your transfer point so if you are not going to make it you're expected to pay into another zone because of their issues. This also makes me not want to work DT anymore because the trains are so congested that TransLink has so idea how to accommodate for the people that keep moving to the city month over month. There are too many people and not enough resources now at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  11. skrinkle

Blogs:
    I quit my job downtown and I don't miss the train ride home. Going to work was fine because my starting point wasn't too busy, but going home I had to first catch the yvr train that has all that space w/o seats and no one ever used it for their bags they ALWAYS have their bags on seats and I worked retail so I was on my feet all day and then on my feet another TWO HOURS to go home because these assholes who take up two seats. I never ever encountered people like this in calgary. That's one of the biggest differences I noticed when moving here, people are rude as fuck.

12. celesticaii

celesticaii Veteran

Blogs:
    Vancouver is home of the entitled.

• Winner Winner x 1