1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'TV & Movies' started by Mark CM, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    Yeah don't let them use the force and remove you from the theater for that one

2. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    I go to the theatre after the children are in bed, thus avoiding this issue.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  3. SirJordan

SirJordan Guest

Blogs:
    Don't pretend you don't enjoy it

4. Posta

Posta Active Member

Blogs:
    Now the last one was "why him"

5. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Was it any good? I keep picturing Russell Brand in the "Him" role.

6. Posta

Posta Active Member

Blogs:
    Should have been. Wasn't terrible, I found it funny but rather slow paced. I would have appreciated more excitement

7. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    I half expected that review. James Franco is funny, but he doesn't strike me as "off the wall" enough to keep a movie based entirely on the character being weird/annoying/crazy/stupid flowing with new ideas. A role like that needs a complete nutjob. Of course, if you cast Russell Brand in the role, you'd basically have "Get Him to the Greek".

8. Posta

Posta Active Member

Blogs:
    My favorite character portrayal was actually played by keegan-michael key :D Glorious job

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    I recently watched two separate RDJR movies. The first was The Judge, the characters were well placed for the events that took place. Seemed very realistic not over the top, not a movie that is very uplifting considering the entire film winds into a horrible ending that is comparable to a bad drug trip. RDJR's role in the film was different from all his other works and the other actors that played in the film also suited the scenario that was going on. It is more a film you watch and place yourself into the shoes of the actual scenes taking place like an old novel being read and watched aloud. Really does show the simplistic values of small towns and how single tracked everything is.

The second movie was In Dreams, and I really couldn't sleep after that one properly for about two or three days. Not that I was partially afraid or scared of anything happening in the film. It just more so triggered my personal struggle with PTSD. If your into how nurses and doctors actually abuse their patients this film is very realistic.

10. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member

Blogs:
    There were no good movies on TV last night and we didn't have anything good PVR'ed and no way to hook Netflix up to the TV at the in-laws house so we watched Ouija and How to Be Single. Neither was as terrible as I expected, but they weren't good by any means. Can really only go up from here in 2017!

11. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Expendables 3, Escape Plan, and several others were on cable last night. I watched most of them while doing other things.

12. Mark CM

Blogs:
    Expendables 3 does not qualify as a "good movie" either. I also had 2 other family members' taste to consider (cuz I would watch Expendables).

13. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    I really never liked Sly Stallone movies, so I have never seen any of the Expendables series. Something about the movie commercials for that one really made me dislike those particular branding of films

14. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    I thought I was the picky one 'round here.

15. FlamesFanatic

FlamesFanatic Active Member

Blogs:
    I love the Expendables. Third one ain't great, but I still enjoy it

I grew up with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sly Stallone. Neighbors would always Loan me VHS tapes of their movies when I was a little kid without telling my parents

16. Mark CM

Blogs:
    I'm just saying it doesn't really meet "good movie" criteria (especially the 3rd instalment). I really liked the 1st one (although I still wouldn't call it a "good" movie by any means. "Fun"? Sure!)

To balance the crap I will undoubtedly watch throughout the year, I'm starting off the year by trying to watch the films on the AFI Top 100 list(s). I watched Yankee Doodle Dandy and An American In Paris so far. It's pretty much just musicals, westerns, and 3-hour epics I haven't crossed off the list yet.

17. celesticaii

celesticaii Active Member

Blogs:
    American Sniper

18. Mark CM

Blogs:
    I still haven't seen this. Any good?

19. FlamesFanatic

FlamesFanatic Active Member

Blogs:
    Underworld 5. I enjoyed it

• Like Like x 1
  20. celesticaii

celesticaii Active Member

Blogs:
    It was good. Not one of those happy good feeling movies, but I did enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1