1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

What's your favourite book or series?

Discussion in 'Books' started by -Toxxic;;*, Aug 16, 2016.

1. -Toxxic;;*

-Toxxic;;* Active Member

Blogs:
    Totally going to be the first nerd to post in this section haha. I just bought a new e-reader and am looking for things to read. So, post your favourites!

Some of my favourites are: Harry Potter, John Dies at the End, Love with a Chance of Drowning and The Kingkiller Chronicle.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member

Blogs:
    I really like Raymond Chandler's Marlowe books. Also Gregory McDonald's Fletch series.

• Like Like x 1
  3. -Toxxic;;*

-Toxxic;;* Active Member

Blogs:
    Those both sound interesting! Marlowe reminds me of a James Bond type thing.

4. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    What's the difference between an Ebook and a normal book, I pondered this for quite some time

5. -Toxxic;;*

-Toxxic;;* Active Member

Blogs:
    An e-book is an electronic book. A regular book is made out of paper. Same stories, different media's. Sort of like the difference between a record and a CD.

6. Mark CM

Mark CM Administrator Staff Member

Blogs:
    I've never read any Bond and haven't seen a film since the 80s. The Chandler stuff is pretty gritty. There's also always this:

7. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member

Blogs:
    Harry Potter is my guilty pleasure :oops:
    I also love the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris (True Blood) for smut reading lol.
    My actual favourite authors are Stephen King, Chuck Palahniuk and Anne Rice. I like to get lost in lengthy twisted reads and I have never been sorry after reading anything of theirs.

8. -Toxxic;;*

-Toxxic;;* Active Member

Blogs:
    @Mark CM Haha I'll have to give it a read and then watch the movie.

@Wrecky There is nothing guilty about reading Harry Potter! It's lovable for all ages.:p Also fun fact, if you have a certain typo in your first book it could be worth $30k+.
    Yaaah Sookie Stackhouse novels! Did you ever watch True Blood? I thought it was an awful conversion from the books but a good TV show if you thought of it as an alternate universe haha.
    Lengthy twisted reads are great! Do you have a favourite book/series from any of them?

• Love Love x 1
  9. Wrecky

Blogs:

I'm a huge True Blood fan too, I love that it's a different storyline, so many different things made up for what was skipped.
    My favourite Anne Rice series is definitely the Mayfair witches but I'll read anything by authors I like :D I couldn't pick a fav from Stephen King or Chuck Palahniuk, they're all so good.

• Like Like x 2
  10. -Toxxic;;*

-Toxxic;;* Active Member

Blogs:
    Yeah! I was still pulling for Eric though. :p
    And I guess that's why they are your favourite!! Haha.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wrecky

Blogs:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Cib3rNaut

Cib3rNaut Guest

Blogs:
    I am guessing my favorite book hasn't been written yet, I specifically told them to tell me when it's has been released

13. skullpirate01

skullpirate01 Guest

Blogs:
    Wilbur Smitthhhhh~

14. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    See No Evil (Robert Baer)
    Paper Fan (Terry Gould)

Both exceptional non-fictions.

15. -Toxxic;;*

-Toxxic;;* Active Member

Blogs:
    @superassociate1 Do you have a favourite series of his?

@djfly Paper Fan has associations with Vancouver! Always looking for a good hometown read. :)

16. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Yeah, huge actually.

And in 2005, I flew to Victoria to meet a young lady and we took the bus/ferry from Vic to downtown Van one day to go shopping. You know, Robson and all that. I don't know why we picked the spot, but we randomly walked up a flight of stairs from the street we were on into Tsunami Sushi. Little did I know the connection that restaurant had to the Triads, until I read the book years later! Great food by the way, but alas, I believe they closed down several years ago.

17. skullpirate01

skullpirate01 Guest

Blogs:
    @-Toxxic;;* Yeah I've read most if not all of his books and was recently thinking of re-reading the Warlock(Taita) series, or the Courtney's(Pirates) series ah har har arrr.

18. SirJordan

SirJordan Guest

Blogs:
    A song of ice and fire.

• Like Like x 2
  19. -Toxxic;;*

-Toxxic;;* Active Member

Blogs:
    @djfly Aha it's always fun to read something and be able to go HEY I've been there. XD

@superassociate1 Those sound interesting! If they're worth a re-read they must be good. :)

@SirJordan Have you read the whole series that's out so far?/Do you watch the show? I have heard that the show is now past the books so the season that just came out was a surprise to everyone. But I only read the first book ages ago, I hate starting series that aren't finished yet so I stopped and am waiting haha.

20. SirJordan

SirJordan Guest

Blogs:
    @-Toxxic;;* Yeah I've read them all. It was good watching the latest series as I didn't really know what was going to happen. They have changed a lot for the series so it's still been exciting to watch.