1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Which breed of dogs?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by evegrant, Jun 6, 2017.

1. evegrant

evegrant Newbie

Blogs:
    Last weekend, a friend brought a rabbit home in the morning, she was happy at the arrivial of the little cute rabbit. However, in the afternoon, the rabbit began to have diarrhea and then dead. So sad. Little pets are so frail.

I myself never kept a pet before, but I am going to have one in these days. I would choose a dog to stay with me but I don't know which kind of dog is suitable for me. My budget is limited, lol. Since I am a tenant, little or middle size dog would be fine. Besides, I love my dog being cute and meek.

Could you recommend one or two?

2. Karlijn

Karlijn Nexopian youngster Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    If your budget is limited, consider getting a vet insurance or whatever it's called. Vet bills can be huge, and you shouldn't get a pet if you can't afford those.
    Secondly; forget about breeds. Go to an animal shelter and see what they have. Don't decide immediately, but go back after a few days. Repeat that until you see the dog! Seriously; one day some dog will just look you in the eyes and you'll know that you found the right one, or that the right one found you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    Everything @Karlijn said! And in general, mutts or "mixed breeds" are healthier and live longer than pure bred, if you're looking for a real companion and not just a pretty pet to show off.
    I also recommend adopting a well behaved older dog because puppies are an insane amount of work for a first time dog owner. But again, like Karlijn said if you visit the shelter you are bound to have a dog come and choose you :)

4. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    Try surfing petfinder.com to see what dogs are available at your local shelters :3 that's what I do

5. evegrant

evegrant Newbie

Blogs:
    I think you're right, thank you! Choosing the dog is similar to finding a soulmate.You must get the feeling right.

6. evegrant

evegrant Newbie

Blogs:
    I don't need a pretty puppy to show off, that's meaningless.
    Yeah, a well behaved older dog may bring less trouble to me, lol.

7. evegrant

evegrant Newbie

Blogs:
    Thanks for your help.:D