1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Your experiences with God

Discussion in 'User Topics' started by sharkbait., Jan 12, 2018 at 12:11 PM.

1. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Professional Pic Mod

Blogs:
    I have a buddy who's on a God kick right now and I'm wondering, because I've been on God kicks before myself, what are your experiences with God?

I'm not going to say he/she/it is a personality at this point more like a force and I'll leave it at that, if that.

?

2. sharkbait.

Blogs:
    I once read a book called conversations with God and it was trippy because it was written from the perspective that God was actually conversing with the reader. It petered out and got tired eventually but at first it was really rad and spellbinding lol

3. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    My experience is that there is no evidence that compels me to believe in any god/gods. Thus, I reject any claims regarding god/gods. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    I've had religious experiences. :)

5. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    I think that much of Christianity today is about a personal relationship with God which is why Christianity today is so attractive. :)

6. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    None. I don’t remember my parents ever talking about god. When I was 6 i made a friend in school who was religious, and she got me interested. I went to church with her one time, and that’s all it took for me to hate it. I’ve never read the bible or looked into religion on my own. Most of what I know is from movies. I learned the behaviour of praying from tv when I was young, but I don’t think I ever knew why or who I was praying to. I mostly prayed that my diarrhea would stop or that my cat wouldn’t die when I was a kid.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. sharkbait.

Blogs:
    Really? Like what's happened to convince you that God is real? Were you saved somehow?

I always found that being saved by higher powers was a compelling reason to believe in a God force.

Though I do not believe in the God of the bible, I do think they were talking about the same thing, and also totally fucking it up.

8. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    I don't really know what it was but I'm just going to attribute it God because that's what I choose to believe. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. sharkbait.

Blogs:
    Don't you find that Christ is a distraction from having a relationship with God? Like youre expected to worship a man and believe a bunch of whackadoo shit about him. I find its just not do-able to believe that Christ was anything other than just another dude.

10. sharkbait.

Blogs:
    Aw I seriously thought you were going to have an interesting story about being rescued by higher powers from cannibals or something :(

11. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom Staff Member Mod Squad

Blogs:
    I wonder what my sister would say, or if she remembers things j don’t. @SAKARINBO

• Like Like x 1
  12. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    That's why faith in God is such a beautiful thing. Because if it turns out to be true, then it would be the most wonderful thing, Heaven would be. :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    Nope, lol. :moon:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. MarkFL

Blogs:
    Would heaven (of Christianity) really be that wonderful? An eternity of bowing and scraping and giving thanks to an almighty being? Sounds kind of like North Korea to me. :(

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    They are both the same because the Nicene Creed won out and that's the belief that I subscribe to. :)

16. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    I have no idea what Heaven would be like but I'm thinking that it is wonderful, complete bliss. :)

17. MarkFL

Blogs:
    Let's assume Christianity is true, and heaven exists. Will my mother and sisters truly be happy there, knowing I am being horribly tortured? If they are happy, then they aren't really the same beings, because the people I know right now as my family would be very unhappy that I was being tortured for the crime of rationality.

18. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    From what my pastor told me, Hell is not necessarily torturous. It is just eternal separation from God, however that will manifest. :)

19. MarkFL

Blogs:
    I'm going by what the holy book of Christianity states. But, would my family be truly happy knowing I can't join them, torture or not? They will either be not completely happy, or they will undergo a personality change. Since the Bible says they will be happy, then I must conclude that they will not be the same beings.

20. mcpon14

mcpon14 Addict

Blogs:
    I have no idea. There are also questions such as why should some good people go to Hell and some bad people go to Heaven, lol. :) I don't know the answers to them, either. :)