Creating content can take time and effort away from other things you could be doing for your business. It’s definitely not a magic pill that you can use to experience instant profit making results. It is however a very valuable process you can use multiple times to build your business.
As with any marketing endeavor, you have to take the time to create a strategy, organize a plan and determine how you will measure a content marketing campaign. Yes, this takes time but it is time well spent. Here are some statistics that show the value of creating content.
- According to Nielsen, 58% of consumers trust editorial content.
- 80% of business decision makers prefer to get company information in a series of articles versus an advertisement
- 61% of consumers say they feel better about a company that delivers custom content and, they are also more likely to buy from that company.
- B2B companies with blogs generate 67% more leads per month on average than non-blogging firms.
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads.
- Interesting content is the top 3 reasons people follow brands on social media.
Since content marketing is still fairly new, its benefits are still being determined but these numbers are more than promising. In the few years that businesses have been incorporating content into their marketing strategy or creating marketing strategy around content, it has provided great value.
If you’re on the fence about content marketing because you’re wary of making the investment, consider that you’re already doing some form of content marketing without even realizing it. Your website, emails and company newsletters are all forms of content that you use to contribute to your company’s brand.
You may not realize it but you are already using content in your company business even if your intent isn’t to garner sales from it. Now it’s time to change how you view the communication pieces you create for your company. Everything you create has the ability to drive sales or build an audience.