Am I the only one...

Discussion in 'User Topics' started by djfly, Jun 26, 2016.

1. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    ...who thinks it's creepy as all **** that Nexopia is choosing to "randomly" display pictures from users that haven't been active in nearly a decade? I think there are likely a million former users who would have a slight issue with this.

Dear admins:
    IF you really need that "media" scroll thing at the top, why not make it "media that is new" or at least, media SINCE 2015-01-01? I'm pretty sure that's very uncool to be displaying pictures uploaded by 15 year olds, a decade ago.

Also, same issue exists when you GO to "Photos" (aka, media). It displays the users with the most media on top. Again, this is old accounts, users that likely won't come back.

Plus, hits used to matter (to people), including gallery hits, by only showing the "top" users, you artificially inflate the "hits" for those users...

Also, is there any chance you folks actually start acting on the suggestions?

• Like Like x 3
  2. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Oh, and you still can't click on images to make 'em big. You might wanna fix that... but I doubt it, I reported that bug twice, first time nearly six months ago.

• Like Like x 2
  3. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    Wow. This place is fucking dead. Never the **** mind.

And yeah. Delete your album collection. It's creepy. Really fucking creepy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ;MorbidLove

;MorbidLove Newbie

Blogs:
    What is this "trophy" bullshit?? Am i supposed to feel accomplished for my "first message"? Which was a response to a forum. I feel like i shouldn't be on this site. I also feel like these guys are trying way to hard to be cooler than Facebook.

5. Mark CM

Mark CM Veteran

Blogs:
    I take back what I said about positivity! o_O

But yeah, does anybody like "Trophies"?

6. djfly

djfly Smiter of Spam

Blogs:
    I think the idea is cute, the implementation sucks.

Perhaps a much broader set of trophies, think badges (i think they're called) on FMyLife.com, or awards on badoo.com. Perhaps allow trophies to be collected over and over "most liked photo posted this week" would encourage people to continue to upload images

You need trophies that encourage behaviour the administrators want on the site. Right now, it begs users to spam post for a while, get their trophy for 100 messages, then give up. Get rid of the "points" too, just offer a ton of trophies for a ton of different things, and allow users to collect them (or not). The number of awards can be the "points"...

/two cents

7. ;MorbidLove

;MorbidLove Newbie

Blogs:
    Lol I think the "trophy's" are just fine. But gettin one for my first message seems silly. DJ has kind of the right idea, but at the same time I personally don't like any of it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mark CM

Mark CM Veteran

Blogs:
    The only thing I like about "Trophies" is it makes me think of Drake. And I don't even like Drake that much but at least it's Canadian Content in a way so fitting for the site, I guess. Agreed that they should be used to generate more interesting content!

• Like Like x 2