Am I wrong for cutting my friends out of my life?

Discussion in 'Relationship Advice' started by snarlett, May 1, 2018.

1. snarlett

snarlett Newbie

Blogs:
    Basically I was dating someone for a long time, and he became friends with all of my friends. After we broke up, my friends kept inviting him to their parties. We didn’t have a good breakup, it was really bad and I never wanted to see him again. Should I have just put up with it or do I have a right to be mad that she kept inviting him everywhere?

2. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I’d be pretty cranky too.

3. Gus

Gus Veteran

Blogs:
    Did you express your concerns with him being invited everywhere? Maybe your friends are unaware of your feelings and might pick you over him if they are put in that awkward and difficult position. I suppose you’re making the decision for them by cutting them out preemptively.

4. snarlett

snarlett Newbie

Blogs:
    I didn’t have the conversation because I was in shock seeing him. But the thing is, my friends all didn’t like him while I was with him for years. So now that they know I hate him, they’re inviting him out? It just seemed like they were only inviting him to make their parties bigger (he brings lots of his friends out with him) and they’d rather have a big party than respect for me. I can’t see myself ever inviting one of their ex boyfriends to my birthday party, even if I was friendly with the ex.

5. jabbafett

jabbafett The Prodigal Salt

Blogs:
    Give up all your friends imo
    Nothing but dead weight

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gus

Gus Veteran

Blogs:
    Well you can’t really expect people to handle situations exactly like you would. We’re all different and make different judgement calls. Sometimes people are completely unaware of how certain actions affect others. Nobody can read your mind, so use your words to express how you feel.

7. snarlett

snarlett Newbie

Blogs:
    Is it too much to ask that friends be loyal without question?

8. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    Yeah this^^ You need better friends.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    I believe that if you are the only one that can give yourself a right. :) Sometimes it is not smart to feel entitled to that right but still.

10. snarlett

snarlett Newbie

Blogs:
    Seems like she just wants filler friends for her parties to make her feel popular. She has never and will never hang out with him one on one. So fake and I’m so over everyone lol

11. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    @snarlett ditch that bitch :hammer:
    I wouldn't even tell her why, I'd just ghost lol

12. imakehersay

imakehersay Member

Blogs:
    No

13. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I think loyal without question is asking a lot of anyone, but it takes a pretty special level of disrespect to invite an ex they don’t even like to things you’ve been invited to. Those are just really, really shitty friends

14. Gus

Gus Veteran

Blogs:
    Sometimes it is. Like I said, nobody can read your mind. They might be unaware they are even doing anything wrong.

15. apple;shampoo

apple;shampoo Newbie

Blogs:
    I don't know. Don't cut them off, but distance yourself. If it bothers you, just unfollow them on facebook, mute them on twitter for a while. Go out there, make new friends and remember for next time you are your own person and the person you are dating is their own person. Let them have their own friends and keep your friends to yourself. Like don't merge you and your partner into a single entity to a point your friends become their friends. idk if that made any sense.