Anyone here good at computer things haha

Discussion in 'User Topics' started by misshaileystarr, Mar 2, 2018.

1. AGoddamnMoose

AGoddamnMoose Guest

Blogs:
    Oh, I see I misread -- I was reading someone else's post. So it boots up, goes into the operating system, then shuts down, before waking up again. Nothing was closed.

Lemme do some thinking on that one. That does sound like sleep mode -- she's saying the PC restarts and everything is still opened. But it does this randomly? That's either a driver error with Windows, or there's a GPU / CPU display issue.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    She said it comes back up to the OS but nothing has closed down, I assumed that meant programs are still up in the same state (browser pages, word documents, music player, whatever), could have misread though - which would indicate in issue with sleep, hybrid sleep or hibernation - of course, that’s assuming Windows as well, could be a Mac, which is pretty good at saving state when it crashes

3. AGoddamnMoose

AGoddamnMoose Guest

Blogs:
    Yea, but she did say it does it randomly. If it's random, then it's not the sleep mode that's the issue. It's the hardware. Hell, it could even be a cable. She needs another cable to test.

4. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Could be a hardware issue triggered thing, sending it to hibernation - the state being saved tells me it definitely has a part in it, Windows can barely save state when it stays on correctly sometimes, just a matter of whether it’s the symptom or the problem

5. Woofer

Woofer soul jer

Blogs:
    what kind of video games are you playing

6. Tora07

Tora07 Newbie

Blogs:
    With a new graphics card.

7. jayarvert

jayarvert Newbie

Blogs:
    please check your power supply or have someone to check and point to you where the powersupply, the thing is,the older the powersupply, the inconsistent power it distributed to your PC, the lower or inconsistent power rating run from your system will definitely crash or might disrupt your desktop