Artwork of the schizophrenic

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JJ Larweck, Oct 12, 2017.

1. JJ Larweck

JJ Larweck Guest

Blogs:
    schiz·o·phre·ni·a
    ˌskitsəˈfrēnēə,ˌskitsəˈfrenēə/
    noun
    1. a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.

Artwork is one way for people with this disorder to cope with what is going on inside ones head. Also a chance for those on the outside to witness these scenes in their mind.
      (I will try to site artists and information as best as I can)

Electricity Makes You Float" by Karen Blair, a woman living with schizophrenia.
      [​IMG]

These two photos were done by an unknown schizophrenic artist trying to capture the abstract nightmare of his thoughts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A nefarious depiction of the affliction by Erik Baumann.
      [​IMG]

A series of paintings of cats by Louis Wain from the early 1900's. They capture a slow descent into varying levels of schizophrenic episodes.

[​IMG]

This artist suffers from a rare case of paranoid schizophrenia that causes him to have visual hallucinations. One of these visions is a figure named "Wither," shown below.

[​IMG]

Kate Fenner illustrations

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2017
  2. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    This is really weird, my uncle is schizophrenic and is also an artist. His art is kind of shit in my opinion (they thought Van Gogh was shit too though), so are you saying if he advertises the fact he's schizophrenic that he'll sell his art?

Edit: The first one is the closest to his sort of art I think.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JJ Larweck

JJ Larweck Guest

Blogs:
    I’m not sure if they are selling these or if they are a part of therapy. Although your uncle might try his hand in the art world.

4. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    Therapy? There ain't no therapy, just pills. And he's been trying his whole life, successful occasionally most of the time not. I can send you some of his art but it would have to be PM to remain anonymous. You know looking through all his art, I'm noticing that he's kind of racist and also depicts rape a lot. I really hope I don't get schizophrenia, it's genetic.

5. JJ Larweck

JJ Larweck Guest

Blogs:
    Treatment is a more accurate word. Yeah man that would be cool too see if he wouldn’t mind.