As an adult, what do you think about teenagers having sex?

Discussion in 'Adults Only' started by Wrecky, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    I feel like it wasn't that long ago since I was a teenager (having sex) and my opinion has always been.. since they're going to do it anyway, might as well do what you can to keep them safe. :gjob:

So my question is, if you had teenage kids (or were in a position of authority over a teenager) would you be cool with them having sex? Would you discourage it but give them condoms anyway? Would you force them to sneak around? How did your parents deal with you becoming sexually active, and was it effective at all? Does the whole subject just gross you out?

2. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    It grosses me out but if they were in the lower years of their teenage years, their bodies are not as developed enough for me to enjoy watching them do it, so I disapprove of them doing it altogether because of that. :iik:

3. AGoddamnMoose

AGoddamnMoose Guest

Blogs:
    I try not to think about teenagers having sex to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    Gross, @mcpon14 we're not in AS, this thread is #REALTALK

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    Okay.

My real opinion is that I wouldn't want them to, unless they can guarantee that no responsibilities associated with the baby will fall on me and I think virtually every teenager out there in the Western world cannot guarantee that. I'm talking about if one of the teenagers involved was my child or under my guardianship.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    But if they agreed, would you be ok with them becoming teen parents? Or would you try to teach them about safe sex and how not to get pregnant?

7. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    I would inform them of their options and the consequences and let them make their own choices but they have to guarantee that their actions will not effect me in any of the ways that I wouldn't like.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    That's a very reasonable response :gjob: I think a lot of parents/care givers are too horrified to even bring up the subject (mine were) so the teens aren't as well informed as they should be.

9. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I’d explain the consequences of their actions, potentially. Make sure they understood how pregnancy happens, the implications of pregnancy and related options, birth control options, sexually transmitted diseases and infections. I’d suggest it’s better to wait, but if they choose to do it to use protection, and make sure those things were provided somewhat privately so they could use them without watching eyes

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    Would anyone be ok with teenagers getting it on at home?

11. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    I wouldn't mind, as long as they don't make too much noise and the girl doesn't get pregnant.

12. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I’d definitely prefer they do things like that in their own beds than in a car or behind a dumpster

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Mr.Lame

Mr.Lame Veteran

Blogs:
    I did it behind a Transformer before.

14. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    You also have at least one kid so......

15. *~BRAT~*

*~BRAT~* Guest

Blogs:
    i'd try to teach them at an early, but appropriate, age what's what and just say my opinion was you shouldn't be having it if you aren't prepared for what could happen. then i'd let them know to come to me before anything happened so they could be prepared to at least be safe about it (condoms/birth control) and of course have them get tested on the reg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. *~BRAT~*

*~BRAT~* Guest

Blogs:
    NO

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    Where would you prefer them to go?

18. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Being straight up neither would I, but I’d put their safety ahead of my comfort.

Which is why I’m never having children haha

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. *~BRAT~*

*~BRAT~* Guest

Blogs:
    somewhere where i dont have to hear it or look at them afterwards and feel awkward. i dont give a mad **** where they go as long as they dont get caught (including home). like once i know it's GONNA happen i'll prepare them and be like k you're on your own now only talk to me about it in emergencies or important questions

20. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    ^^Still more reasonable than a lot of parents tbh

• Like Like x 1