Babysitters Club

Discussion in 'Books and Literature' started by mcpon14, Jan 17, 2018.

1. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    In one of the Babysitters Club books, an 8 year old has a crush on a 13 year old, which is okay, but for some reason some people think that if the 13 year old had a crush on the 8 year old, then that's not okay. Why's that? Or if that is not enough of an age gap, how about why is it okay for an 8 year old to have a crush on a 20 year old but it is not okay for the 20 year old to have one on the 8 year old?

2. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Because liking kids like that is totally wrong, they're not mature yet. You can like them as friends and as family but not as a lover mcpon dont get into pedophilia here its just not a good idea. :puke: You know better :foie:

• Like Like x 1
  3. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    Okay, how about the other one where the 13 year old has a crush on the 8 year old?

4. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Even that's kinda weird and I meant to include it. Since when do 13 year olds have crushes on kids? Why even think about it? An 8 year old liking a 13 year old is normal but I dont think that a teenager liking a kid is normal at all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    Ew, this is gross but I can actually relate.
    When I was 8 my best friends 13 year old brother had a crush on me :err:
    I didn't know at the time but he has some kind of disability that made his mind younger than his body, so if that's the case I guess it's not really "predatory" but still creepy.

• Like Like x 3
  6. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    I just always thought preteens are usually focused on growing up and on people older than them so most of them wouldn't pay attention to a kid younger than them. At least that was my experience, I always had crushes on older girls and always thought kids were just kids lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    That's from the perspective of someone without a mental disability. I'd say you're probably the norm, but it does happen. And I'm sure sometimes it happens in a predatory way as well :iik:

• Like Like x 1
  8. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    Did you know that in Ancient Greece, an adult male would be the protectorate of a little boy? It was an honor for both. :)

9. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Ancient Japan had some kinda shit like this going on too. And Ancient Egypt. So glad we live in a society with laws that protect children.

10. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    In Afghanistan and other places over there, it is common for adult males to do sexual things to little boys. :) And I'm talking about these days. :)

11. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    **** them. Kiddie diddlers can rot, just like cannibals and all murderers and rapists in general. Where's my gif at:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    Well, here's my take on it.

If someone is a pedophile, they have a mental illness. It's not the pedophile's fault that they like children, I don't think we should be stoning people who say they're pedophiles. I think we should be trying to convince them to go to therapy. Because if you start treating people like they're monsters, they're going to start acting like they're monsters and we sure as **** don't want them acting out their desires.

With all that said, if someone is a pedophile who has molested a child there's no excuse. They are a monster and should face maximum punishment from @sharkbait. because it's probably the worst thing you can do. A child cannot consent.

I'm straight but you don't see me wanting to rape every woman I find attractive and I think every healthy individual should share that attitude.

• Love Love x 1
  13. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    People labeled "monsters" is subjective. For example, witches were perceived as "monsters." The evidence? They were hung and burned to death for it. In some Islamic countries, homosexuals were labeled as monsters. Evidence? ISIS, for example, throw them off of rooftops. And people with Schizophrenia in the past, considered a mental illness today, were highly regarded in the past, such as most Shamans are now considered to have had Schizophrenia. The list goes on. :)

14. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Shoot kiddie diddlers like dogs in the street. Convicted? Gets the bullet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    I agree. But that is because I subscribe to the moral code of the United States as defined by the legal system. :)

16. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Your and Canada's moral and legal code calls for imprisonment of these such convicted individuals.

I believe that I called for a slightly harsher sentence.

But that's alright we can't always get everything that we want :(

• Like Like x 1
  17. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    I'm not saying pedophiles are monsters, they're just really sad and pathetic. I'm saying child molesters are monsters, it is subjective because it's my opinion.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    Yep. That's what I'm talking about. My overall moral philosophy is that people shouldn't be so hard-lined about their own moral code because that causes a lot of conflicts in the world. :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    I in no way acquiesced to your viewpoint that kiddie diddlers should not be shot in the streets, I just realized that it wasn't going to be implemented any time soon and accepted the fact that incarceration for long periods of time with people who view them with the same level of contempt that I do is probably at least a half decent alternative.

:moon:

• Like Like x 1
  20. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    I didn't realize that there was much of a difference between a pedophile and a child molestor. I guess the latter is actually guilty of the act while the former just fantasizes about children, is what you meant?