Church

Discussion in 'Politics and Debate' started by imakehersay, Nov 25, 2017.

1. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Yeah its really unfortunate but we honestly are just some well-developed species on a rock in space alone in the universe lol

Like these days I don't even believe in extra-dimensional aliens(demons/ghosts) anymore. Just not enough evidence :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. 867k

867k Guest

Blogs:
    nah

3. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Yea theres something out there but they could be blob-men or aqua people or rock creatures who knows.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    Yes, we are well developed enough to contemplate our place in the universe, but I suspect there are other life forms in the universe capable of this as well. Now, I have no evidence to say with certainty that there are other intelligent life forms out there, but if intelligent life can arise here, and given the vast number of stars in the observable universe and the number of stars observed with planets close enough to make such observations, I think it's reasonable to think what happened here could have happened elsewhere. :)

5. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Yeah I agree with this considering the vastness of the universe. It's a shame that were so isolated now though, or at the least the aliens arent revealing themselves to us because we're so god damned primitive lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    I like to tell people that there is a federation of planets (like Star Trek) and they are waiting for us to lose religion and discover the grand unified theory. Once a civilization meets those two basic criteria, they will be deemed ready for membership...LOL!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Basically yeah. We're so tribal and superstitious even today. Its no wonder we haven't floated a good starship yet, we're too divided! I figure once we get our shit together designing a good spaceship won't even be an issue and we will spread throughout the stars like seeds to other planets(inhabitable).

8. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    What with the advent of advanced communications these hopes might one day even be realized. We still will need ambassadors to travel the world though and keep us all united and friendly I think...

9. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    I have heard that some estimate we are roughly 1,000 years behind in technology and scientific knowledge because of the stifling influence of religions.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    The only thing I'm concerned about is finally freeing ourselves from religion without endless war. Because you know that some factions of said religions(Islam, Christianity) are really fucking violent/hypocritical and will cause violence to retain their hold on their adherents. It's their livelihood. So yeah, how to do it without inciting 30 years of war hrmmm it just wont happen I believe and will have to come out on its own.

Like a bad stain.

:(

• Like Like x 1
  11. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    Sadly, it will likely take at least several generations. I think it will likely take us getting to some "critical mass" of rejection, and then it will take off. We may never completely rid ourselves of religion, but as long as the majority of people reject it, we will be much better off. If we can get religious beliefs in the same boat as bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster and other equally absurd things, then I would be satisfied. Ridiculous ideas should be subject to ridicule, and a stigma attached to their belief. Part of the problem is that religions have largely been immune from such criticism, but that's changing. :)

12. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    Ridicule like this:

zombiejeebus.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    I wish that people could take the Jesus story with a grain of salt, like, add some realism to it. He was a Jewish non-violent hero of the people. Almost a freedom fighter against the Romans and Pharisees and a great teacher. But he was no demi-God and worshipping him as such takes away from what he wanted people to do, which was love.

See what I did there? Jesus was the same as any other human. I can't believe how daffy some people make things.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    You almost make the Jeebs sound respectable...stop that! LOL! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Apparently according to the Freemasons or Knights of Christ or something like that his real name was Yeshua Ben Joseph. And yeah he was just a man. And the bible is just a book. ONE BOOK. Not worth freaking out over and losing touch with reality :foie:

16. imakehersay

imakehersay Member

Blogs:
    I hope this thread isn't taken over by this idiotic Enlightenment critique of
    So, we transform the question from knowing whether someone or oneself has accepted Christ or not to one where there are degrees of knowing, or we can probably know, and "fruits" are what give us this probabilistic knowledge.

Can you refer me to where it is written that if I walk according to the Bible and strive to be honest or that my prayers are being answered means I know I can be saved.

Since Christ was not just another mortal but still intersected the mortal realm, was he in Sin? Did he need to be saved? Did he save himself? Did he know that he was saved?

17. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    This thread is on fire :eyepop:
    3479729-beavis-fire.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    I forgot about the sexism, racism, homophobia etc until this post :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    Yep, it's all right there in the "good book" along with other horrors. :)

20. .:Batman:.

.:Batman:. Guest

Blogs:
    You stop concerning yourself with God when you realize that the tooth fairy Easter bunny and Santa clause are not real.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1