Cola the cat has really bad acne

Discussion in 'Pets' started by skrinkle, Nov 19, 2017.

1. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    She had blackheads when I got her, but in the last week it’s developed into huge zits. I know that plastic can cause acne in cats, and she doesn’t eat or drink out of any. What else could be causing this? Poor bb

2. twatgangsta

twatgangsta Regular

Blogs:
    one of mine has the same on her chin and it comes and goes. we switched to ceramic everything and change dishes twice a day when we feed them and it doesnt really help. the vets pretty much told us theres not much we can do. you can try and clean their chin with a warm washcloth when possible and sometimes itll help a bit. i think maybe its cause they cant clean under their chin very well

• Like Like x 1
  3. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    I use stainless steel bowls and also clean them after each meal. It’s weird though because it just seemed to get really bad for no reason at all. I guess because she already had the blackheads, some bacteria got on her chin and it just exploded? She scratched it to the point where it started to bleed :( I hope she doesn’t get a scar. Does your cats chin bleed?

4. twatgangsta

twatgangsta Regular

Blogs:
    sometimes they get that bad and can bleed a little. shes a bit neurotic so it might be caused by stress too. the warm wash cloth helps to clean it up and its really gross but you can pop them if theyre really bad. sometimes she ends up with a little bald spot on her chin but so far eventually the hair has been growing back in between outbreaks. i want to say the vet said it was ok to put polysporin or something on it to help prevent infections and heal better but id look it up to make sure its safe, there might be better options too

5. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    Cola is a grumpy bitch so stress would make sense too, since I wasn’t home the week she got the acne. I don’t like putting things like that on cats even if the vet prescribed it because she has kidney failure. I used diluted apple cider vinegar for ring worm on my other cat so maybe that would help acne too? Idk I’ll try it

6. Mak1442

Mak1442 Regular

Blogs:
    poor baby

• Like Like x 1
  7. twatgangsta

twatgangsta Regular

Blogs:
    seriously ive lived with this whore for 13 some years and she still flips the **** out if i try to step over her when shes laying on the floor

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. .:Batman:.

.:Batman:. Guest

Blogs:
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs: