1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Computer Issues

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Mistoffelees, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Regular

Blogs:
    Hey y'all. I haven't disappeared. At least not by choice. My desktop computer is having issues...okay, it's having whole freakin' subscriptions. As soon as it boots, it locks up. I get the blue screen that tells me that it's some sort of stop code. Research tells me that it may have something to do with a driver that needs updating. Kinda makes sense when I have tried for a year now to update (AMD or catalyst or both...can't remember), but when I try to download the update, it keeps telling me that whatever it is, is no longer supported and aborts the download and install. So, for a while now, I've just been telling it to skip the update. Anyway, because it locks up for a hour or so before rebooting itself after the blue screen, getting into settings to find out about the drivers that need updating is a problem. I can click on settings and open that window, but can't click on anything in it.

Then, I decided that I have probably lost everything anyway and tried to reset the computer to factory settings. yeah, well, after an hour, it got to 31% and then went to a screen that said that it was undoing the changes. The message just said that it couldn't do a reset. Okay. So, I figure I will do a system restore. I started with the earliest date. Yeah, you guess it. That didn't work. It's now working on the next date. Since it's been able an hour since I started that, I'm guessing that it won't be able to do that one either. I'm getting the feeling that I'm screwed.

AND as if that isn't enough, I decided to use my laptop. I had to install some things, etc so that I could use it the way I would use my desktop (mostly bill paying). Well, when I sat down to finally "play", my wireless mouse stopped working. I plugged the dongle into another USB port and it worked for about 30 minutes and it stopped. Plugged it into the 3rd and final USB and it didn't even pretend to work. I changed the batteries. Nothing. I got my other wireless mouse and plugged it in to all 3 USBs. Nothing. I plugged in my flash drive and BINGO. The flash drive works in 2 out of the 3 USBs. Problem is, unless there is a dongle for a "working" mouse, I can't turn off the touch pad. There is NO button or serious of buttons that I have been able to find to turn it off. I know that I can turn it off in settings, but the minute I need it, I have to go back to settings, etc. Takes lots of time. Not good for someone trying to write, to play a game, to navigate anywhere.

I'm ready to scream!

2. magaz

magaz Member

Blogs:
    What kind of computer is it?

3. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Regular

Blogs:
    Lenovo, Win 10 (desktop)
    HP 15 (I think it is), Win 8 laptop

4. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    If you download the windows 10 installer and run the media builder from your laptop, you can boot your computer from it and do a clean install of windows. If you’re okay with losing what’s on there anyways

5. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Regular

Blogs:
    Can you give me a step by step on how to do that or point me to a website with the instructions? I'm willing to try anything. I'm okay with losing it all. I have most everything already from a few years ago on disk as far as files and photos. The rest is just a matter of reinstalling.

6. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

There are 2 blue buttons, use the “download tool now” button, and you’ll need either a blank DVD or 4gb USB key

When you run the tool, it will download and create the media, you need to boot from the disk, you won’t need a product key (click I don’t have one when it asks), follow the instructions on screen.

When it asks you “upgrade” or “custom” choose custom, advanced, delete all the partitions on the drive (leave the ones called restore) and choose the empty space to install on

When it finishes you’ll have a brand new install

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Karlijn

Karlijn Addict Pic Mod

Blogs:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. ms27vg

ms27vg Newbie

Blogs:
  9. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Regular

Blogs:
    THANKS! I will give this a try. It's been horrible with both desktop and laptop acting up.