1. If you had an old account at the OLD OLD Nexopia, you can get that account back by resetting your password.

Click Here to Reset Your Old Account's Password.

Alternatively, you can Register a New Account!

Dating Etiquette

Discussion in 'Relationship Advice' started by mikeconley11, Jan 19, 2018.

1. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    Was on a date, checking out this girl's ass (not my date's ass, she didn't have much). Then my date noticed and was like "are you for real? Real gentleman you are, didn't even pull my chair out, blah blah my name is Melissa and I have blood in my poo" then left the date.

Why are dates so high maintenance? She's like one of them characters from old movies where they're on a date and there's a puddle. The dude takes off his jacket and puts the jacket over the puddle so she can walk across. JUST WALK AROUND THE FUCKING PUDDLE, JESUS CHRIST.

All this dating etiquette is bullshit anyway, why do we still have this "gentleman and lady" shit that we have to keep pretending to do on dates?

• Like Like x 1
  2. PriestoftheHigh

PriestoftheHigh OutCastingCouch

Blogs:
    I feel like it's just common sense to not check out other girls when you're with a girl. Obviously she's looking for someone to be with longterm, and I'm assuming you're just looking to have sex. Both are okay. It's a little alarming that she got super pissed after I'm assuming was the first date? Definitely not an understanding person.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    As for putting a jacket over a puddle, it is from when England and probably other European countries where there was poop, pee, rotting food parts and dead animal parts in the puddle, so it is gentlemanly to put the jacket over that. A lot of the etiquette that came from England, etc. was so the lady doesn't get poop on them such as the guy will walk be the one walking on the outside of the two while the lady walks nearer to the wall so when poop gets flung out of a window, it will land on the gentleman instead of the lady. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    I don't think it's as unreasonable as you're making it out to be. I'm sure if you were out on a date with a girl you were attracted to you wouldn't appreciate her checking out other dudes who were nearby. I think Priestofthehigh has it right here. If she's looking for a long term partner she's probably wanting to make sure that your focus is going to be on her.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    Sorry Mike. I have to side with the girl on this one. I'm not talking about her reaction, but I'm talking about her side on the issue. I think that it is just plain rude, lol. No offense. :)

6. PriestoftheHigh

Blogs:
    People don't even want to go on dates anymore. We just "hang", so obviously it was supposed to be some top tier stuff. If you want low maintenance, just say you want to chill or hangout. People know what it is..

• Like Like x 1
  7. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    ^ I think that's a real problem these days. People seem too afraid to handle things if they're not totally casual and many are losing their dating/courting skills.

8. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    I think that dating is for purposes of selfish pursuits to get someone to be your significant other, so you are trying to impress them to win them over while hanging out is more for the purpose of seeing how compatible you guys are, if you are pursuing a romantic interest. Therefore, dating can feel like too much pressure because of your date's pursuit and hanging out removes the pressure. :)

9. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    Sort of but the date can serve the same purpose as long as both people are going into it with an open mind. Not all pressure is bad either.

The reason I don't like just "hanging out" with a potential partner is more because I hate ambiguity. A date is clear in its purpose and both people know what they're going there for. Hanging out can be a little more of a wishy washy way of approaching things that's far easier for someone to misinterpret. I guess I'm just a straightforward kind of guy.

10. PriestoftheHigh

Blogs:
    I disagree @mcpon14 it's the exact opposite from my side of the court.

11. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    I kind of change my mind on that post, too, lol.

12. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    Umm don’t check out other girls when you’re on a date fool!! But I agree with you about the other stuff. Personally I prefer the hang out and then go on dates once you’re actually dating. And if a guy pulled out my chair I’d wanna barf. Everyone’s different and now you know you’re personalities don’t match up, so it’s good that it happened like that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sh4n3y

sh4n3y Nexopian Elder

Blogs:
    i'm totally not writing any of this down haha definitely not haha i'm so lonely

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    I look at other women always, but I do it on the DL if I'm on a date. You just gotta be smart about it. ;)

I'm old school, so I open the car door for my date, and open all other doors, pull out her chair, stand if she gets up from the table (and when she returns to the table), ask her what she wants from the menu, and then order for her, walk on the side of the sidewalk closer to the street, but I will not put my jacket in a puddle. I would carry her across if we couldn't go around rather than do that. :)

• Love Love x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. The Punjabi Playboy

The Punjabi Playboy The Heel

Blogs:
    The Punjabi Playboy was once on a date once with a Persian Princess. The weather got to be around -5. The Persian Princess was shivering and asked for the Punjabi Playboy's hoodie. The Punjabi Playboy laughed and said, Nope! Needless to say, the Punjabi Playboy was never allowed to enter the Persian Princess's castle.

• Funny Funny x 2