Do you work well under pressure?

Discussion in 'Adults Only' started by skrinkle, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    There have been quite a few cases of people who wound up with no working chutes, some survived, most were dead before they hit the ground, some were killed by the impact. People survive terminal velocity level impacts fairly frequently, but most of those are either drunk or unconscious.

The drunk drivers who survive insane auto crashes are a good example of that, of course, in that situation survival is mostly a matter of relaxing before an impact so your own muscle tension doesn’t cause damage

2. 867k

867k Guest

Blogs:
    Show your sources plz.

3. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
  4. 867k

867k Guest

Blogs:
    Despite all of the accidents / crashes I've had; biking, snowboarding, hard landings skydiving, standing on and jumping from the roof of a moving vehicle, etc, I've never broken a bone. I attribute a lot of that to the fact that I don't tense up. Just tumble and roll.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. 867k

867k Guest

Blogs:
  6. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I rolled down a small mountain once, fell on my head from a second story house, and jumped out of the back of a station wagon doing 60km, no injuries

Then I jumped over a hedge and landed in a pothole and twisted my ankle, proving that sadly I was breakable haha

7. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Ridiculous even.

I’ve heard quite a few stories about people without parachutes surviving falls, seems mostly luck - and not tensing up

8. 867k

867k Guest

Blogs:
    I think where you land has a lot to do with it too

• Like Like x 1
  9. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Definitely yes, water or pavement are brutally unforgiving, highly unlikely you even resemble a human body if you hit either

10. mei

mei Newbie

Blogs:
    I suck at situations when I'm under pressure. I would much rather prefer a quiet environment.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ---marijuana

---marijuana Newbie

Blogs:
    I've always worked best under pressure because I get distracted too easily otherwise and don't get things done. And I guess ever since I was prescribed Dexedrine I've actually preferred working under pressure too since I'm usually "on".

• Like Like x 2
  12. Noisia

Noisia Newbie

Blogs:
    My current job is pretty "free" meaning there is no boss looking at me all the time. Some days are busy asf, but its been really slow lately. I do work well under pressure (I think) but prefer to work a bit harder the prior day to make the busy days easier.

13. Noisia

Noisia Newbie

Blogs:
    I do get more irritated when under pressure, so I truly dont know actually, haha. I just make sure to get the job done as best as possible...I guess?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mak1442

Mak1442 Regular

Blogs:
    Old thread but, for sure, I work well under pressure. I'm a super worker.

• Like Like x 1