Dogs formerly known as dogs

Discussion in 'Pets' started by .:Batman:., Dec 10, 2017.

1. .:Batman:.

.:Batman:. Guest

Blogs:
    currently designating nex users as dogs based on personality’s

2. .:Batman:.

Blogs:
    @mikeconley11
    Chesapeake Bay Retriever
    [​IMG]

is intensely loyal to his family, reserved with strangers, and possessed of good discriminatory instincts. Thus he makes a fine watchdog, but is not usually aggressive toward strangers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. .:Batman:.

Blogs:
    @sharkbait.
    Beauceron
    [​IMG]
    Strong and confident, excellent watchdog and companion for a family. Independent and highly intelligent.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    Plus, my dog's dick is bigger than @sharkbait. 's dog's dick

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. .:Batman:.

Blogs:
    @CrickCrock
    Tibetan Mastiff
    [​IMG]

He wants to please his people, but he also has his own agenda and must often be reminded of what he's been asked to do. The Tibetan Mastiff is a loyal family guardian who takes his job seriously and is aloof or reserved toward strangers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. .:Batman:.

Blogs:
    @skrinkle
    Toy fox terrier
    [​IMG]

Loyal, protective, and smart, the TFT loves his people and wants to be involved in everything they do. He's a superb watchdog and will alert you to the approach of guests and strangers, as well as to all the goings-on in the neighborhood. Personalities vary, ranging from Couch potato to live wire.

• Like Like x 1
  7. .:Batman:.

Blogs:
    @Karlijn
    Irish setter
    [​IMG]

The elegant Irish Setter has been described as rollicking, happy-go-lucky, clownish, impulsive, flighty, and demonstrative.

This lively dog can be a destructive handful during the gawky adolescent stage – which lasts two or three years. But given sufficient exercise and obedience training to instill good manners, adults gradually become more dignified and aristocratic.You must be both patient and persistent when training setters, but never harsh, because these dogs are physically and emotionally sensitive. And they have long memories: once they learn something (whether right or wrong), they'll remember it for a long time. This means bad habits can be difficult to break and harsh handling is not easily forgotten.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. .:Batman:.

Blogs:
    @Wrecky
    Akita
    [​IMG]

The Akita is a bold and willful dog, naturally wary of strangers but extremely loyal to his family. He is alert, intelligent, and courageous.
    . With his family, the Akita is affectionate and playful. He enjoys the companionship of his family and wants to participate in daily activities. He's mouthy and enjoys carrying toys and household items around. Despite the common belief that he never barks, he is in fact noisy, known to grumble, moan. Be aware the Akita's strong personality can be overwhelming.He needs plenty of exercise to keep him from becoming bored and, in turn, destructive. The naturally protective Akita has a propensity to become aggressive if allowed, or if he isn't raised properly. Training the Akita is essential, and so is proper socialization from an early age. Keep in mind that this breed is stubborn, so extra patience is necessary to teach him proper canine manners.

• Love Love x 1
  9. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    An Akita broke the arm of this bitch I knew by playing too rough. Got to love Akitas

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    Arms? Aren't all four called legs? :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    I meant a bitch human :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. .:Batman:.

Blogs:
    Akitas are bad ass I really want one

• Love Love x 1
  13. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    That dog describes me pretty well :P I've never thought about owning an Akita but if I wind up with one I won't be disappointed at all :hearts:

14. .:Batman:.

Blogs:
    [​IMG]
    Akita puppy:hearts:

• Love Love x 1
  15. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    OMFG :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
    I would love one of those, but I'm only planning to have one puppy in my future. I believe strongly in rescuing adult animals, but I do want one that I raise myself from a pup. Hopefully still a rescue because I would never buy a puppy or specific breed :foie:

16. .:Batman:.

Blogs:
    Those pups are going to need a home as well :thumbdown:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    And people that aren't me will buy them.. and when those people eventually ditch their dogs at the shelter when they're under a year old because they are "too big" or "too much work" I will be the one to adopt them.

• Like Like x 1
  18. .:Batman:.

Blogs:
    I just don’t have the mentality to adopt over raising a pup I guess

19. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    It's a personal preference. The way I see it, puppies will always be wanted so people will always breed them, and other people will always buy them.
    But for the dogs that grow up and become unwanted, there are way less people in line to take someone's "cast off", and if no one adopts these adults (or teenagers, or older pups) they will be killed. :cry:
    My dog and her brother are both rescues so I've seen first hand how rewarding it is to give an unwanted animal a second chance at life. :speech:

20. .:Batman:.

Blogs:
    I hope you feel the same about humans