Duck walks into pub, downs pint, fights dog

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Karlijn, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    A duck wearing a bow tie suffered injuries following a brawl with a dog in a pub in Chulmleigh, Devon, UK.

The dapper duck, named Star, was enjoying a pint with his owner Barrie Hayman when Hayman's dog Meggie reportedly started the fight.

Star's beak was injured in the brawl, which took place at The Old Courthouse Inn.

"Star pushed his luck too far and Meggie snapped - splitting Star's bottom beak right down the middle," Hayman told the Cheddar Valley Gazette.

Full story and video here: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?objectid=11948904&ref=twitter

2. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    how sad :(

3. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    The duck started it!

4. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    That dog owner should have been more careful :devil:

5. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    The way I read it, the duck provoked the dog. Shouldn’t the duck owner have been more careful too?

6. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    Victim blaming! Just because there’s a drunk guy annoying you doesn’t mean you can slit his throat

7. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    It’s a dog. Annoy a dog and at some point he will snap

8. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    I annoyed my dog a lot and he never snapped he just walked away :nuts: if you have a snappy dog you should be aware of other animals interactions with it

9. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    Of course your dog walks away. You’re the leader of the pack. That duck isn’t.

10. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    Ok well he was annoyed by other dogs at the park, still never snapped. Cola on the other hand does snap, and I keep an eye on her when she’s getting annoyed by vets for this reason. She also wasn’t allowed to hang out with other cats at the shelter because of her snapping when she’s annoyed lol. Common sense to know your pets dangerous behaviour and be in control of situations with other people/animals. If it was a kid annoying the dog and it snapped, it could be put down.

11. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    Probably. That still doesn’t mean that parents should not make sure their kid doesn’t annoy dogs. I’m not saying it’s the duck’s fault. It’s a stupid duck, and he drank beer. I just think that the duck owner is as much to blame as the dog owner

12. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    Why were these animals in the pub? And who owns a duck as a pet

13. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    The duck was in the pub to drink a pint. I don’t know about the dog. Maybe to play darts?

14. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Fucking dog I blame it it did the most damage and it should have just walked away damn dog poor duck :(

• Like Like x 1