high school boys in Connecticut who haven't undergone gender re-assigment

Discussion in 'Attention Seekers' started by Mithras, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Mithras

Mithras Chi Moderator

Blogs:
    surgery are allowed to participate in track competition with the girls and beat the pants off of em. how is this even fair to the girls who are depending on placing well at these track meets so they can be offered full ride scholarships?

2. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    The surgery doesn't change their performance. Hormone treatment might

3. Mithras

Mithras Chi Moderator

Blogs:
    Surgery comes with hormone treatment. Cant chop off a guys dick with no hormone treatment and all therapy that goes along with it

4. Anubis

Anubis Member

Blogs:
    Ugh

• Love Love x 1
  5. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    Actually you can. people have been doing that for thousands of years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eunuch

However, what i was referring to, is that transgendered kids usually get hormone therapy to postpone their puberty. Sex reassignment surgery comes later. In the meantime, when they have hormone therapy, but have not undergone surgery yet, I don't see why transgender girls could not do sports with other girls.

6. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    Correct me if I’m wrong but, hormone therapy for trans women who have already gone through puberty I don’t think would even fix that issue. That why trans women in women’s sport is so controversial, there isn’t really a great answer.
    Trans men however with hormone therapy they will literally go through boy puberty. Trans women have a lot of problems that trans men don’t have when it comes to hormone replacement.
    It’s unlikely, in america, that a child was started on hormone replacement to delay puberty. Giving hormone replacement to children that don’t have ambiguous genitalia is also quite the contentious issue.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    I don’t know about America, but in Europe (at least Germany and the Netherlands) prepubescent children can receive hormone therapy to delay puberty, if it’s clear that they’re suffering from gender dysphoria. The best know example is Kim Petra’s, but there are many more examples.
    After puberty, it’s an entire different story indeed.

8. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    The issue here is muscle mass and bone density, both which are reduced with hormone treatment, even after puberty. In the olympics a trans woman qualifies if her testosterone is below a certain level and therefor her bone density and and muscle mass are that of a woman. Outward appearance has nothing to do with it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Mithras

Mithras Chi Moderator

Blogs:
    well of course you can be physically castrated but that doesn't make it morally acceptable by todays standards. white slave masters routinely castrated slaves just for the hell of it. but more to my point... Andraya yearwood only identifies as a girl and hasn't even gone through hormone therapy yet. The state of Connecticut doesn't even mandate hormone therapy or surgery for cases like this - ridiculous. This is the state track meet she ran in. Usually if you win state you're offered a full scholarship to pretty much any university, so its a huge deal.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018