How much fighting is too much fighting?

Discussion in 'Relationship Advice' started by Heathers, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Heathers

Heathers Newbie

Blogs:
    I feel like we fight about something every day, and I’m exhausted. But I believe in working things out.

2. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I dunno, I had a few crazy fights with my ex, which is to say 3-4 in 7 years

All at the end

3. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    Just have sex more often. That seems to solve everything in a relationship. :)

4. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    If it's happening so often that you're exhausted then I think there might be a deeper problem there that needs to be addressed. Most couples have occasional disagreements and arguments but it shouldn't be all the time where it's starting to wear on you.

It also depends a bit on how long you've been with the person. If you're fighting early on in a relationship that's a huge red flag to me.

5. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    When I was young and immature I used to enjoy arguments with my bf's :imslow: Then it got to a point where I would do anything to avoid them and ended up being a total doormat. :no:
    Now I will only argue if I think whatever the subject I'm arguing is worth causing tension (most of the time it isn't), but I'm also really lucky with Mr Wrecky because he resolves most things with humor. The only time we really argue is when his awful family is crazy rude to me and he gets put in the middle.

• Like Like x 3
  6. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    I feel this. I know which members of my family are crazy and unreasonable though and have reached the point where I will aggressively defend a partner (or in one case my sister's partner) against them if they get too out of hand, regardless of what the rest of my family thinks should be done.

7. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    I can't think of a time where Mr Wrecky ever went head to head with anyone in his family, except his brother (who is like my bff and #1 fan) so usually it's me bitching about shit they pull and them passive aggressively bitching about me behind my back and him trying to make everyone happy :hammer:
    I usually give up as soon as he agrees with me that they were out of line, and then turn the other cheek and ignore them for a bit. But he has to at least agree with me that they were being shit :)

8. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    Sorry to hear that. That would put such a strain on things sometimes if my family didn't like my partner or talked shit about them for whatever reason. Like I'll always hear out my family about someone because their opinions matter to me and they've been right in the past but if I really like someone and I feel they're totally out of line, they're just going to have to suck it up because I'm still dating that person even if they don't like it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    Yeah tbh it's mostly just his mom who is a bored, rude, borderline racist, narcissistic old bitch. She likes to cause drama for fun and will gladly spend the day calling all her sisters to "get them on her side" of an argument, so at this point we don't even really argue about it anymore. He's seen how she treats me, thinks it's disgusting and 100% supports me. And I care enough about his relationship with his family to mostly ignore shit that goes down because she is old and won't be around forever. I don't want him to have a big rift with her because she hates me :imslow:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Victor McCloy

Victor McCloy Newbie

Blogs:
    Until one start's bleeding.:D

11. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I was hanging out, fooled around a bit with a lady I found exceptionally attractive. My unique physiological challenges set her back on me a little bit, but after I explained the whole MS issue and how I like to work around them she seems to be considering another go - almost like she actually likes me or something, oops - her parents are hardcore Middle Eastern conservatives, apparently they would lose the plot if they found out she was even talking to an older white guy with no religion. I’m not sure whether that’s a plus or a minus in her books, but I’m hoping plus

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    And she sneezes loudly

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    Fr, f*ck that bitch :foie:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Kustamogen

Kustamogen I fap twohanded

Blogs:
    I was in a 13yr relationship = 1 fight ever
    Then a 5yr relationship = 0 fights
    Then a 1.5yr relationship = 0 fights

I only fight type III diabeetuz

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. misshaileystarr

misshaileystarr Member

Blogs:
    Probably some unresolved shit that needs to be addressed. Probably not the same situation but after my ex cheated on me, even though I "forgave" him, I forever resented him. I mean he was a real pos and abusive and continued to cheat but aside from that we literally fought about everything. It is unhealthy to fight too much. Best of luck to you.

16. izbestbro

izbestbro Veteran

Blogs:
    no, having a kid or getting a puppy. jeez get it right
    but also sex

• Funny Funny x 1