I want to purchase a Loptop?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by KanikaGoyal, Apr 17, 2018.

1. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    You are definitely one of my dear friends. You are so beautiful and I love you. :hearts::hearts:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lucian Hodoboc

Lucian Hodoboc Member

Blogs:
    I'd go with HP.

3. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I dunno. Quality wise Lenovo is better, although both of them make crappy consumer level laptops.

The Yoga 910/920 blow away anything HP has ever made

4. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    You should get the best laptop that is out there, Heuxx, because you are deserve the best things in life because of how special and awesome of a person you are. :hearts::hearts:

5. jabbafett

jabbafett The Prodigal Salt

Blogs:
    Slide into my dms girl Ill get u set up

6. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    I meant KanikaGoyal. :)

7. ilovepotatos

ilovepotatos Newbie

Blogs:
    I have a 6 year old Asus that won't quit. They're bomb proof as long as you don't overclock it and know how to keep spyware/malware/viruses off your system. Also, treating your laptop with respect (allow the fan vent adequate clearance while on, dont drop the laptop on the ground, etc.) You shouldn't have any problems. If you have a friend who is somewhat tech knowledgeable, you can make more and more assumptions about the lifespan of your tech and how far you can stretch your dollar. I can do everything I need on about 200 worth of hardware (just no gaming). Maybe start being nice to a few geeks...

8. ilovepotatos

ilovepotatos Newbie

Blogs:
    Whatever you do, stay away from loptops. They're lop sided and awkward to use!

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    For average users most of the garbage they sell at Best Buy and the like is more than enough

When people start using them for business though? Poor choice lol

10. ilovepotatos

ilovepotatos Newbie

Blogs:
    Are you Mr. Hardware? I will be needing a secure station to conduct stock trading from. It needs good speed and moderate graphics to carry 6 or so monitors at once (the stereotypical trading desk you have seen). I also need strong hacking protection because I will be operating high value deals and if hacked I and my clients would be out on thousands or more...

11. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I’m just an IT guy

I’d look at a Lenovo P320 workstation, there is an Nvidia Quadro configuration that will do 6 monitors, probably set you back around $2500 without the monitors, but it also comes with a 3 year next day on site warranty, they’ll have a tech at your house to fix it if anything does go wrong

12. ilovepotatos

ilovepotatos Newbie

Blogs:
    That won't matter. I'm doing my operation in the Caribbean to take advantage of a 3% corporate tax rate. Plus I cannot get licensed in Canada anymore because of the criminal record...
    Lenovo P320. I'll keep that in mind.

13. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    There are refurbished options as well, but when you’re doing stuff like that minimizing downtime is critical, worth an extra grand or two - Lenovo still has techs in the Caribbean I’d venture, they’re definitely one of the most global computer companies

14. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    What if this whole time that we thought that she was referring to a laptop, she actually meant a Loptop, lol?

15. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Bunnies who like to be on top?

16. ilovepotatos

ilovepotatos Newbie

Blogs:
    I would be willing to spend up to 10,000 for something to use multi year guaranteed no hacking and no viruses, with minimal downtime.
    Hacking is really the key...apart from that, I know how to take care of computers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ilovepotatos

ilovepotatos Newbie

Blogs:
    Playboy Bunnies.

18. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I’d pick up a P320 with RAID, for data integrity, and make sure you pick up a decent quality firewall, look at Ubiquti - not overly expensive and no subscription required, that will help keep everyone out of your network and your computer.

it’ll allow you to see if anyone is trying to connect to your network, as well as from where - no wifi connected to the network your computer is on, you can set up wifi for yourself that doesn’t have network access, just internet. Wifi is probably the weakest link in any network, so isolating your computer from any wifi is a very good idea.

For antivirus stick with something like Sophos or Trend Micro

Pick up 2 3 or 4 tb external drives and set the computer to back up to one automatically a couple times a day - keep one in a fireproof safe and the other connected, swap the drives at the end of every day

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. ilovepotatos

ilovepotatos Newbie

Blogs:
    Daytrading isn't so much about huge data...anyone could see my archive and I wouldn't be upset. We're talking about stock charts and software algorithms I downloaded from the internet. Nobody will care. What people WILL want is the personal ID and banking information of my accounts and my clients' accounts so they can log into our accounts and steal our entire financial portfolio electronically. Apart from that, not much of my data is all that sensitive. I would only need to protect 1-5 GB of data, therefore. Enough to fit on a cheap 5 year old USB key you found in your ex wife's dildo case.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. ilovepotatos

ilovepotatos Newbie

Blogs:
    I have made note of this valuable information. Dankeshien.

• Like Like x 1