If you work in the sex industry . . .

Discussion in 'Relationship Advice' started by ms_myra, Feb 17, 2018.

1. ms_myra

ms_myra Member

Blogs:
    Should you expect to give up your job / career when you find love ?

2. mcpon14

mcpon14 Bleeds Nexopia

Blogs:
    Nope because of the cliche that me being a sex worker is what attracted you to me in the first place. :) Or that you knew that I was a sex worker when you met me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    Not necessarily. I'd consider dating someone who worked in that industry as long as it didn't affect our relationship and I was still getting the same level of attention, affection, and time together that I would with any other partner. So if all else was the same, no I wouldn't expect her to give it up for me.

4. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    I mean I know a girl who is a prostitute basically. I mean she works at a brothel which is legal in Nevada (everything is legal in Nevada). She's been doing it for years. As long as I've known her she's been dating the same guy. Actually I think they're engaged now but.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sh4n3y

sh4n3y Nexopian Elder

Blogs:
    A girl I was dating turned out to be a sex worker

Except she didn't get paid for it and kept it a secret because she's a shitty person

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Going to be entirely situational, but it comes down to what the person who’s a sex worker is looking for. If they meet knowing the situation openly, more latitude for sure. If they don’t know the person is in that kind of work, they need to know before any informed decisions can be made - hiding that could destroy a relationship, some people can’t deal with it

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    ^ Exactly. I'd be more hurt that the girl lied to me than by the fact she's a sex worker.

8. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Relationships are about honesty, if a sex worked is willing to give up that life for someone, that’s their call, if someone is not okay with dating a sex worker, that’s cool, but it’s up to the person doing it if they’re willing to give it up, nobody should ever assume or expect that of them

• Like Like x 1
  9. theviridiansea

theviridiansea Guest

Blogs:
    I follow a married sex worker on YouTube (Daisy Foxglove) and I always love watching her stripper story vlogs. Her husband doesn't care that she is a stripper, and for a while they even worked at the same club (he is a bartender). She has made a video pointing out that she is not attracted to her clients (many of them she finds annoying) and stripping for them doesn't turn her on. It's just a job.

10. The Punjabi Playboy

The Punjabi Playboy Guest

Blogs:
    Cuck

11. The Punjabi Playboy

The Punjabi Playboy Guest

Blogs:
    Cuck