Interesting concert experiences?

Discussion in 'Adults Only' started by Squire72, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    When I was 18 a good friend asked me at a party if I had any plans for the next 4 days (I didn’t usually make plans a that time, other than work - just went where the days took me) and the next thing I knew we were on a greyhound from Calgary to Vancouver)

Ffwd through the trip, we hopped a ferry to Nanaimo, spent the night, then went back to Vancouver - had tickets for Pink Floyd.

Up to this point we’d had like 2-3 hours of sleep between us. Went to BC Place, queued up, got in, concert started, fucking incredible, those guys are brilliant, sounded amazing, but very calming and sedating. I started falling asleep. My friend shook me, handed me a bag, and told me to go eat these in the bathroom. Stuffed them in my pocket and went to the can when the intermission started, lined up for a stall and waited for my turn. Sat down on the can and pulled out the bag - mushrooms.

So I ate 1/2 the bag, around an 1/8th of an ounce.

BANG BANG BANG “HURRY UP MOTHERFUCKER!!!”

There was the sound of a struggle, some thuds, and then quiet.

I got up, exited the stall - guy is laying on the ground bleeding a bit, and the guy behind him apologized to me, sorry that guy was being a dick, if you want to kick him in the head for being a dick, please do. I didn’t, just told him to chill, went back to my seat.

Still sleepy, start nodding again, when an arm reached out of the guy sitting in front of me’s head. That was startling enough that I woke the **** up. What seemed like a week later the concert ended and we headed to greyhound to head home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    Renaming this thread "The 20th time I did mushrooms" :imslow: :clap:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    It was actually the 1st :imslow:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    The first time I saw Creepshow the barricade between the stage and the pit collapsed and about 30 people fell on top of me. I got dragged out unconscious by a bouncer and when I came around I continued drinking and went back into the pit :) I don't need drugs to have a good time :imslow:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Alcohol is a drug though :imslow:

6. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    Tomato, potato

7. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I like both of those!

8. steven b

steven b Newbie

Blogs:
    i went to weens disaster show on magical mushrooms. Took special K at various Techno Venues

• Like Like x 1
  9. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    The only interesting experience I've ever had at a concert was paying 3 dollars for a can of soda when I was used to paying 50 cents for one. :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  10. 867k

867k Guest

Blogs:
    I feel asleep in a Bon Jovi concert.
    After a long day and a late start the first couple songs got everyone pumped, but then he started playing songs from his new album crossroads, which promptly put me out. Woke up for the encore.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. BalSlime

BalSlime Addict

Blogs:
    I went to see Judas Priest in Edmonton some time after I had gallbladder surgery. I was well enough to travel, but I wasn't keeping hydrated like I was supposed to be. I went with a friend and my bf at the time/Witchhammer. We were close to the front when I guess I blacked out. I didnt even feel it coming. Ex caught me and the last thing I remember is being at the back where not as many people were around and people asking if I was okay. I was able to enjoy the rest of the show with no complications.

Another friend and I had beers with the band members of Carcass when they came for the Noctis Festival one year.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    A friend and I drove to Edmonton to see Guns n Roses at Commonwealth Stadium. We had a couple 40s of rye and a few grams of weed and some hash when we left, when we got to Edmonton it was all gone.

I remember a moment, the band dragged a couch on the stage and they jammed Patience like they were in a living room just chillin.

That’s the only thing I remember about that day after we got out of the car. Last time I ever had more than 2-3 drinks or a puff of a joint at an actual concert. I did get pretty wrecked at a few bar shows after that, but never unless I’d already seen the band at least 2-3 times sober. Paying to miss a concert I was stoked to see wasn’t something I was willing to repeat lol

13. Merkymerk

Merkymerk Veteran

Blogs:
    I went to that concert too, it was pretty good

• Like Like x 1
  14. Merkymerk

Merkymerk Veteran

Blogs:
    Went to see lamb of god, some chick got wrecked in the mosh pit and this dude went to pull her up but someone stepped on her hair right as he yanked her up and tore a huge chunk of her hair out
    Buddy I went with fell in someone’s puke and after the show I went looking for him and there was blood and puke and hair all over the floor lmao
    Still drove my friend home but I had to keep the windows down, god that sucked

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Seeing guns n roses before they imploded would have been a pretty solid memory, I’m glad like 70000 other people were there too, someone is bound to remember more than I do :imslow:

16. Merkymerk

Merkymerk Veteran

Blogs:
    Wait maybe it was a different one haha

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Probably, it was like 20+ years ago lol... I was 21 or 22, 45 now

Commonwealth was sold out, we had floor seats on the 3rd or 4th row

18. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I was stunned when I realized how many people Commonwealth can fit, McMahon stadium is a joke compared to Commonwealth or BC Place

19. 867k

867k Guest

Blogs:
    All of the concerts I've been to in Calgary were held in the saddle dome.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Merkymerk

Merkymerk Veteran

Blogs:
    Okay yeah I’m 28 but i did see GNR at commonwealth not too long ago and they did pretty good!

• Like Like x 1