Moving is such a pain in the ass sometimes

Discussion in 'Attention Seekers' started by handbanane, Jan 31, 2018.

1. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    So I'm moving into my new place on Thursday morning and had to book movers since noone can help me at that time and they're coming here to pick everything up at about 9 am. My new place refuses to accommodate me to do my move in at any time other than 10 am that morning and I don't get my keys until it's over. So basically I have to just pray that it takes them that long to gather up everything over here, drop my sister's stuff at her new place, and get to where I'll be or else I'll just be keeping them waiting while my bill steadily climbs. They also wouldn't guarantee at the new place that there's even going to be an open parking stall to make it easier for the movers to carry stuff in. This is on top of the fact that they'll be carrying it all up the stairs to the 4th floor because it's a low rise building that doesn't have an elevator. How much do you think they're going to hate me?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    Honestly... They won't. It's kinda their job. If they're professionals, they'll be cool. With certain occupations you understand and realize the risk when you sign up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Display

Display Regular

Blogs:
    they will probably hate u even tho its their job but who even cares, they get paid, bitching about customers probably gets them thru the day so ur actually doing them a favour

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    @handbanane Your new place sounds rude AF and totally unhelpful :confused2:
    But I hope the move goes smoothly! Post a pic of your new digs when you get in :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. handbanane

handbanane Guest

Blogs:
    Yeah they've also been hard to get a hold of at times. The place itself is nice at least and exactly what I needed.

And maybe once I've got a couple more furniture items and it's not a disaster.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    If the
    You can go to a rich neighborhood to get your furniture. My friend was a security guard at one and he said that he outfitted his entire apartment with the furniture from there that the rich people threw away, putting it on the sidewalk, etc. He said that most of the stuff were perfectly fine. :)

7. Daniel Sams

Daniel Sams Newbie

Blogs:
    But if you are moving with a professional moving company then that move becomes easy. So, try hiring movers for any move.