need to become better within I.T.

Discussion in 'Computers' started by taylor bugg, May 3, 2018.

1. taylor bugg

taylor bugg Newbie

Blogs:
    Shit at computers but have a job in it?! How?! Anyone here have they A+ or certificates? I need to become certified! Or to learn to hack ...hmmmm. ..

2. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    @Wrecky Who was that guy with 2 names? First name tristan and looked like Jack Black from King Kong with the camera

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Certifications are mostly useless, show you know how to fix a broken operating system and diagnose a hardware problem

Being literate in command prompt, powershell and term is useful as well

Computers change so fast that everything you learn in A+ and the like is obsolete by the time you need to use it

4. taylor bugg

taylor bugg Newbie

Blogs:
    Thanks for the reply , @Squire72 Greatly appreciated. I've taken the A+ 4x now (on my own dime and not my company's lol) and have failed all trys. I just don't know if I really belong in i.t. after doing all that, with the basic things to know I have a good grasp on them. Guess cdi was a waste of time and money and I really just have to stick with it for a few years before I can be confident in it.

5. Wrecky

Wrecky Valkyrie

Blogs:
    Lol @Isadoorian 2 | Tristan ??

6. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    That's the guy, knew you would be of some use.

Yeah, this guy seems pretty I.T savvy. He could help

7. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    In my experience it’s better to learn from experience - avoid exams that test your knowledge until you’re able to handle the tasks they’re testing you on.

At least for me, I learn by experience - I break things sometimes, but I learn how to fix them as well by the time I’m done.

Except that early 486 PC I tried upgrading. A 486 was the last processor you could mount backwards - turns white hot, sends out sparks, explodes.

Not fixable