Ok but how hard did you have to try to hold back your tears on a scale of 1-10

Discussion in 'Attention Seekers' started by skrinkle, Jan 8, 2018.

1. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:
    Me not watching an award show will not impact the world in any way. Don't put this on me.
    Why do it on an award show anyway?
    Why not at a Nascar event or similar?
    You know why? It is like Wayne Gretzky accepting a hockey award at a hockey game. Nobody outside hockey would give a ****.
    She knows her audience...

• Like Like x 2
  2. realRonnyboy

realRonnyboy Member

Blogs:
    I dont hate oprah lol

I think she's great at yelling like a goat and giving awesome gifts to people

I just dont get emotional when some opportunistic person manages to capture the limelight of a movement in order to propel what seems to be a run for political office.

also, everyone has heard of rosa parks... but have you ever heard of claudette colvin?

once you peel just one or two layers of their bullshit, youll see how wretched these movements actually are, and how they dont actually care about people.

• Like Like x 1
  3. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    The fact that two wealthy older white men are the ones arguing against a feminist speech is not lost on me :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:
    You are right. I should not have an opinion and be more equal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. realRonnyboy

realRonnyboy Member

Blogs:
    lol, I put my money where my mouth is though. I fought very hard to get bernie elected, and failed because the system is rigged.

Here's another question, do you know who gloria steinem is? do you remember what she meant for the feminist movement? do you remember how quickly she also sold out that cause when the woman being abused was some useless intern, and the abuser was the president of the united states?

dont be defensive and engage in serious dialogue.

6. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    Not what I said at all, but proves that you are twisting an uplifting speech into something that needs to be demonized.

I think you’re forgetting that I’m not American. American politics are not really on my radar, and I only wanted to discuss the speech about equality.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:
    Wasn't Claudette the actual lady that did not want to sit at the back of the bus but she was deemed not good enough to lead the movement?

8. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:

9. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    “What has Oprah done lately”
    “I don’t need to watch that”
    “Lol celebrities thinking they have voices”
    “Pandering to her audience”

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. realRonnyboy

realRonnyboy Member

Blogs:
    not quite...

she was the first to not get up for a white person, but because she was pregnant and not married, the civil rights movement didnt want to use her as a poster child for the cause, because people would call her a whore and what not... so they threw her under the... bus (lol), and waited a year for another incident to occur, where parks refused t give up her seat. In fact, MLK Jr likely would have not been who he was if the movement would have started their uprising with colvin.

tbh, it's not a bad move on the movement. They recognized a tainted image for their cause and chose to wait... hell, the BLM movement would have benefited had they not chosen michael brown as their martyr, and instead focused on someone like tamir rice.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. realRonnyboy

realRonnyboy Member

Blogs:
    fair. and if it was done so with honest intentions and not as transparent as it was, I would celebrate it as well.

I blame media mostly for the people's ignorance.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:
    Pretty far stretch there.
    I seriously don't know what Oprah does. It was a fair question.
    Don't turn her in MLK with that speech. I never watch award shows. "You win a prize for pretending the best!"
    Why wouldn't she make a speech to a more vast audience? Fair question.

I thought we were having a discussion, but clearly you want my words to be your words. Log into my account and just post for me.
    Password: Japane

13. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    If you wanted to have a real discussion about it, why would you refuse to first read or watch the speech? Shouldn’t you know what you’re talking about?

• Like Like x 1
  14. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    If you can agree that it wasn’t a bad move to wait for someone who might be a better “leader” in that situation, isn’t it fair to accept that people backed Hillary because they thought she had a better chance at beating trump than Bernie?

• Like Like x 1
  15. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:
    I just said I never watch award shows. The rich celebrating their richness has never appealed to me

• Like Like x 1
  16. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    But I’m talking about this speech, not the whole show. I’ve never watched any of these awards either, just the clips that I think are worth it the next day.

• Love Love x 1
  17. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:
    Hilary would be just as bad as Trump. It is embarassing that the Hollywood celebrities were backing her literally because she was a woman.
    It is even more embarassing that Trump and Hilary were the USA's only options

18. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    I think it’s extremely sexist to say people backed her just because she’s a woman. I hear things like this about so many different people and situations. “Oh she just got the job because she’s a woman”. I think she’s a more well known figure, and that’s probably why. I had never heard of Bernie before.

19. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    As Al Sharpton said, "If you don't like who are running, then run yourself." That was what he said when asked why he was running, lol. :)

20. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:
    But we don't live in the land of rainbows. Women were actually saying that. Just like African Americans were literally voting for Obama just because he is black.
    These are real things. I am not sexist or racist for saying things that actually happened.

• Love Love x 1