P.S.A.

Discussion in 'Attention Seekers' started by Mithras, Feb 24, 2018.

1. The Reverend

The Reverend Addict

Blogs:
    I don't. The Word is The Word regardless of the place from which it is preached. I'm glad we got that settled.

2. Mithras

Mithras Chi Moderator

Blogs:
    yet nothing was settled. i believe you're from nebraska.

3. The Reverend

The Reverend Addict

Blogs:
    What was settled is that it doesn't matter where I'm from. What matters is The Word and the salvation bought for us at Calvary. GLORY!!!

4. Mithras

Mithras Chi Moderator

Blogs:
    ah but it does matter. location is everything

5. The Reverend

The Reverend Addict

Blogs:
    Friend, you speak in a cyclical manner.

6. Mithras

Mithras Chi Moderator

Blogs:
    how so?

7. The Reverend

The Reverend Addict

Blogs:
    You asked me where I'm from, we get it settled, or so I thought, that the truth of The Word does not depend on where I'm from, then you're asking me where I'm from again. It's like we're going round and round, like a puppy chasing its own tail.

It doesn't matter if I'm from Jupiter...The Word is still the same...always has been and always will be...AMEN!!!

8. Mithras

Mithras Chi Moderator

Blogs:
    i did thats correct I'm sorry. but u never answered my simple query and actually it does matter because... charlatans are everywhere much like the lambs of god. are u a charlatan @The Reverend

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. The Reverend

The Reverend Addict

Blogs:
    Indeed, the false prophet and the man of God might be neighbors...how will you differentiate between them...by their location, or by their fruits?

Matthew 7:16-20

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

10. Mithras

Mithras Chi Moderator

Blogs:
    by their location obviously because as we all know.. location is everything

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    Sorry but this is incredibly inaccurate. The Bible has been edited so many times it Cathy possibly be the same.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Reverend

The Reverend Addict

Blogs:
    So, of which parts of the Bible are you skeptical? And why? The Bible is the most robust book in existence, and will easily stand up to any scrutiny. To be perfectly clear: when I say the Bible is inerrant, infallible, and inspired, I mean that's what the original manuscripts were. God the Holy Spirit inspired holy men to write down exactly what God wanted written down. We don't have the originals, but through the science of textual (or lower) criticism, we know, to about 99.99% accuracy, what the originals were, and the variants have no effect on the theological system of the Bible. There is no book in existence that is even close to being as well-preserved as the Bible. The Bible is a coherent, robust explanation of most of the most important philosophical questions man has been known to ask. There is no historical evidence that contradicts the Bible. It offers the only complete solution to the problem of evil. (Indeed, without revealed truth, it is impossible even to talk about the categories of good and evil: what's your measuring stick for telling whether something's good or evil? And by what basis do you claim that your measuring stick is better than mine?) These problems are all solved with revealed truth.

Without the Bible, here is a list of completely unsolvable problems:

1. Good and Evil
    2. Language
    3. Consciousness
    4. Purpose in life
    5. Existence of order and reason

Here are the biblical solutions to these problems:

1. Good and Evil: these are defined by God's character as he has revealed it. They are unchangeable, and are outside of us, and hence absolute and not relative. God in his good plan has allowed evil, which is under his tight restraint, in order to demonstrate his further glory. It is inadmissable to ask the question, "Why do bad things happen to good people?" because there are no good people (especially me - I am not a good person. In fact, I'm the worst sinner I know.) People are not basically good, they are basically bad. The real question is, "Why do good things happen to bad (that is, all!) people?" Answer: for God's greater glory. There is a redemption of evil, a solution, and that is Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, who became man, lived a perfect sinless life, died on the cross, rose again from the dead, and ascended to the right hand of God the Father. Jesus will come again to judge everyone. These, by the way, are the central claims of Christianity: these historical claims are the heart of the gospel. If you want to refute Christianity, then I invite you to focus on the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. Christianity claims that these events were real and historical, not mythological. They actually happened. When Jesus rose from the dead, if you happened to be alive at the time, you could have physically touched him and seen him (many did).

2. God revealed himself in language, and created man in his image. Part of that image is the ability to communicate in language.

3. For consciousness, the answer is the same as 2 above.

4. As the catechism says, "Man's chief end (that is, his primary purpose) is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever." That's it. That's what we're here to do. That's why we exist.

5. Order and reason come from God's character. Because he created the universe, it is no surprise that order and reason are reflected in his creation. Order and reason are not somehow above God in any way - they are aspects of his character. God defines order and reason. With no God, there is no basis for reason whatsoever.

No other philosophical system comes close to answering these questions so simply and so completely.

13. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    Note worth the effort of reading in a McDonald's line

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Reverend

The Reverend Addict

Blogs:
    It'll still be there when you are ready to receive it. I think it will tickle your brain.

15. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    Oh I'm going to type out a reply rest assured

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    Can you source any of that? Any at all? This wall of text that claims the Bible (which one? Version #113 or #2219 or #959?) is 99.99% accurate to the originals that has no sources of actual factual information what so ever is useless. Source your facts, folks.
    This are... problems that need to be solved?

The only reason there's sin is because God created it. If he's so against sin, why would he create it in the first place? That's redundant and stupid. Essentially God tells you to stay away from sin, that's the only way you get into heaven. Yet he created sin. Why even bother giving the apple to start with?

We assume that man is a reflection of God, "made in His image". Which would give reasonable assumption that God is human-like or humanoid. So then why do dolphins and whales have the ability to communicate in various high pitches? To assume that language is an entirely-human trait, only shows the arrogance of the human race in a God that was created by humans.

Scientists estimate that dolphins have a similar state of awareness to humans so the same answer apply. To assume that consciousness is an entirely-human trait, only shows the arrogance of the human race in a God that was created by Humans.

So we get to spend ~70yrs on Earth being tortured, abused, generally treated like shit, all in worship of God? Well doesn't that just sound like a barrel of laughs! No thanks.

Again... assuming that order and reason comes from this mythical thing so that humans can fall in line.

You're not making Christianity sound very appealing. Oh let's spend ~70yrs being treated like shit by a God who tells us our sole purpose is to worship him. No thanks. Like the HUMANS who created your God, I'll spend my days making my own destiny.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. The Reverend

The Reverend Addict

Blogs:
    Matthew 7:6 - Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

18. ace_of_spades

ace_of_spades Veteran

Blogs:
    Hahaha nice, giving me some scripture because you didn't feel like actually responding to what was being said. Classic. I figured you would either 1) quote some random scripture (that you have no idea what actually means); 2) redirect and say something like "Humans can't understand the complexities of God"; or 3) just not bother responding at all (FYI: you took the shitty route). Most modern Biblical scholars indicate that that particular verse is further evidence that the Jews were the holy people.
    And if it does mean what you think it means, you basically just called me unworthy pig scum. Which makes you an awful Christian, awful reverend, and generally just a shitty person. Do you know why? Huh? I'll tell you why.
    The Bible says multiple times that as a Christian, your job is to spread the word. Mark 16:15 instructs you to "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature". 2 Timothy 4:2 says "Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching." Joshua 1:9 says "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." All of these say that you should be fearless and relentless in your efforts to spread the word. So by saying that I'm unworthy, you're saying you're a shitty Christian.

PS: don't quote bible verses at me unless you actually know what they mean.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Mithras

Mithras Chi Moderator

Blogs:
    this part alone was enough for me :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  20. The Reverend

The Reverend Addict

Blogs:
    Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.