People who fall for fad diets such as Atkins, South Beach, raw or keto

Discussion in 'Attention Seekers' started by skrinkle, Jun 4, 2018.

1. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    lemon is alkaline forming in the body and aids in digestion. You body works to balance the ph when you digest food so your blood remains slightly alkaline but if you eat a lot of foods that have an acidic effect after digestion your body has to use up a bunch of the minerals to balance the ph. So you get weak bones, you maybe get fat, lethargic and just generally have a bunch of problems. A lot of food is acid forming so its just a good idea to add a few drops of lemon to your water to aid in digestion. Also don't eat acid forming foods that also don't have much nutritional value like fried food and soda.

2. eleswhur

eleswhur Succubus Whore

Blogs:
    So how much lemon should I drink each day?

3. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. :gjob:

4. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
  5. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    a few drops in your water with your meals, especially if you suffer acid reflux lol. But there are a bunch of people saying to eliminate all acid forming foods from your diet which is so ridiculous, and probably eating 4 lemons a day or something idk. There are a lot of very healthy foods that are acid forming including nuts and beans and grains. Meat and dairy is also acid forming but also have health benefits.
    all these fad diets are is taking "oh this thing is good for you lets only eat that"

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
  7. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    A balanced diet is the best for good health, fruits, vegetables in high quantities, meats and carbs in lower quantity, less or no processed food

Processed foods aren’t necessarily “bad” but tend to be high in calories and low in nutritional value from my understanding, depending on quality of ingredients... companies that make processed foods tend to focus on making things tasty rather than healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SAKARINBO

SAKARINBO Fartist

Blogs:
    Highly Processed foods are bad, they kill gut flora. Most don’t have enough nutritional value to justify convenience.
    My digestive health improved so noticeably when I moved to Glasgow because I only ate produce from the clearance section, barley and lentils. Only occasionally did I indulge in fast foods or pub food and I don’t think I ever bought any prepared foods from the grocery store. All my symptoms of alternating IBS, dizziness, nausea etc gone forever and honestly my goal was just to save money lol.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  9. Karlijn

Karlijn Guest

Blogs:
    My mom would love you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    You’re not wrong

Processed by itself isn’t always bad, but the vast majority of processed foods are loaded with fillers and preservatives, some of which shouldn’t be considered fit for consumption.

Not all are bad, but generally speaking, if it says processed, don’t eat it - processed cheeses and meats especially, there’s like a 1/2 step from Kraft Singles to yoga mats

Most hot dogs are a small amount of mystery meat and sawdust mixed with salt

If you want processed meat, fish, whatever, buy the raw component and make it yourself

11. eleswhur

eleswhur Succubus Whore

Blogs:
    But I like processed foods :(

I should probably change my diet, tho

12. scotch

scotch Member

Blogs:
    Umm skrinkles took a basic course years ago. I think shes knows what shes talking about dude.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Gus

Gus Veteran

Blogs:
    Doubt it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Atkins had cardiac and heart issues when he was “super healthy”. It didn’t kill him, but Keto is bullshit.

Short term fine, but it’s a toxic load of shit over long periods of time

15. 867k

867k Guest

Blogs:
    Or the dumbass people who fall for phone / email scams. Like who the **** gives out their personal information?!

16. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Or people who think the government would ask you to pay back taxes in bitcoin to a email address from Zimbabwe

17. LOVELAMP

LOVELAMP Veteran

Blogs:
    Being a Mormon on the lemon/molasses fasting diet is the only true way to go.

Everything else is made up nonsense.

18. Anubis

Anubis Member

Blogs:
    I avoid processed foods 90% of the time.
    It’s far more cost effective and healthy to cook than eat out or buy frozen dinners.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gus

Gus Veteran

Blogs:
    I’m know...

20. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    It shows that they are going in the right direction, though, in trying to be healthier which is that they are trying to eat healthier.