Period thread

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by skrinkle, Jan 17, 2018.

1. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    And to insult all religions:

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Book 58, Hadith 236

"He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old" (in reference to Muhammad)

• Love Love x 1
  3. skrinkle

skrinkle Cat Mom

Blogs:
    :iik: I have no hope for religion

4. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    I think it's fine as long as people don't take the text too literal lol

5. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    I don't think it's fine at all...I think all of it is toxic waste. It is an infantile disease. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. mikeconley11

mikeconley11 Guest

Blogs:
    Not the actual text, that's a toxic waste. But my sister for example, she seems to find peace or whatever in religion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MarkFL

MarkFL Guest

Blogs:
    I think all of it, the holy books, the belief in things without evidence, the expectation that ridiculous beliefs should be free from ridicule because they have the label of "faith" slapped on them, the need for fairy tales for inner peace or to deal with our mortality...all of it is shit, and should be flushed post haste. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    I disagree but I like it that you are one of the only people on the Internet where discussions of this type won't become a flame war. :)

9. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    I nearly posted Lot's daughters living with him in a cave and getting him drunk so that they could hump him for his seed lol

Wasn't sure if that would be going to far though, because so filth nasty. I grew up with the bible and I am EASILY turning my back on it. So what if Psalms is "encouraging to the broken hearted", it's all tribal caveman drivel and it gets used by people to control other people, so I don't like it. It's overrated.

10. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    You have to understand that the morals of the past, especially a tribal group, don't always sync up with your own morals, influenced by modern day society. :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    I'm mad about the fact that the bible is the flagship book of so many organized religions that extort and manipulate people into thinking in certain ways, and hating people for no reason.

For instance adultery, aka having sex without marriage is a cardinal sin. And homosexuality is also a cardinal sin when all the gays wanna do is love one another. And Christians are taught to hate on these people with little room for understanding. Fundamentalist Christians can go bite rocks man

• Love Love x 1
  12. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    You have to understand that there are many Christian denominations out there. Ones with gay or women pastors. Christianity has caught up with the times but of course there are some that are kind of stuck in the past and I don't like them either, lol. :) There is even one, Family International, where members have sex with each other, lol. That's not being strict-Biblical there, are they, lol? :)

13. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Yeah I guess you have a point mcpon, but I still don't like organized religion. It's like organized politics, it can quickly turn into a mobscene and go out of the range of normal human decency to something far worse at the command of so few. I'll try to hate on Christianity less but I just don't believe Jesus was divine or that he deserved 20 centuries of worship. If he was meant to rule humanity, he's doing a pretty shitty job of it...

14. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    Christianity won out because of some windfalls in history. Some other competitors might have been Mithraism and Manichaeism but they were stamped out, especially Manichaeism. And no, Jesus wasn't meant to rule humanity, lol. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    And if you want to blame Christianity for being such a huge religion, you might want to place that on people such as Paul and Constantine. :) Paul and others had a lot to do with making it a religion of the gentiles. Originally, Judaism, of which Jesus was just continuing, was exclusive to the Jews. :) And then Constantine put Christianity on the political level, which is where all of these wars and political conflicts stem from. :)

16. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    Paul made Christianity more Jesus-based instead of Mosaic Law-based as was very early Christianity. :)

17. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    That's what I'm talking about, it's been blown out of proportion and overused as an excuse to kill/dominate. Paul even talked to Emperor Nero did he not?

18. sharkbait.

sharkbait. Guest

Blogs:
    Although Constantinople was a clean and organized city as far as old time cities go, they had their enemies and were eventually destroyed. I was initially amazed at how long they lasted, to like the 11th or 12th century...

19. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    Paul was supposedly killed by Nero. I don't know if he talked to him. :) It has been blown out of proportion and overused as an excuse to kill/dominate but what I'm saying is that don't blame Jesus for that, lol. :)

20. mcpon14

mcpon14 Guest

Blogs:
    They lasted partly because of walls and because of Greek Fire. Orban, an arms dealer sold this massive gun to Mehmed II, which destroyed the walls. Orban offered the same gun to the Byzantines but the Byzantines couldn't afford it, lol. :) And the Western crusaders helped weaken the Byzantines before that. :)

• Like Like x 1