Politics

Discussion in 'Adults Only' started by Squire72, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Lots of good stories of rags to riches out there

Sadly it takes something special - just working hard and being determined doesn’t lead to success. Plenty of hard working poor people and lots of lazy rich assholes out there

2. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
    Yup but I paid my dues i'm not playing to lose.. I wear Huge Boss leather shoes! I got 99 in Calculus and a 4.0/4.33 at UBCO SO

I'm playing for big steaks.

I'd rather sit around and have a beer with you then eat steaks with fakes!

That's why I paid UCP $125 hung around for a bit, talked finance and then DIPPED. Then I smoked a cigar on the way home

#truestory #fasttyper

3. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
  4. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I’m very anti UCP, but not because of the members, it’s the socially conservative idiots at the top

Most of what Kenney says is fiction, he promises things that he cannot do because either they’re based on fictional premise or because the provincial government doesn’t have the power - of course, he was Harper’s right hand for a long time, and he learned from the grand fascist himself. Promise fiction, delivery nothing, take credit when good things happen

5. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
    I can tell man no worries. To each their own.

Just curious, did you vote for NDP last election? And do you live in Edmonton or Calgary haha.

I am Fort McMurray Born and Raised [FMBR]

6. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
    Greg Clark and the Alberta party going nowhere fast too.. again this is just my opinion but I listen to 660 news every single day

7. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I live in Calgary, and I have a chronic illness (Multiple Sclerosis)

The idea of dumbfuck Kenney screwing up my personal situation is bad, because I rely more than I’d like on Alberta’s social safety net - my medical expenses are ridiculous. I could lose my preventative medical coverage, that allows me to be a productive member of society.

I did vote NDP in the election because there was no effective alternative, the PC party was brutal, they were ridiculously entitled, and while they did some good things over the years, they also fucked up our economy and left us vulnerable to recession - the CPC did the same, and we got bootfucked by the drop in oil prices in Alberta

The CPC and PC governments in tandem caused our recession, and the UPC is far worse than the PC party was ideologically - they’ll rack up debt, cut services, and kill the recovery that’s been going far better than anyone could have predicted 3 years ago

8. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
    People vote in their own self-interest so that makes sense

9. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
    PC WAS entitled for sure!! Look at clown Redford and how out to lunch she was.

This is a new party with new branding etc.

The economy is SHIT man look at the RED INK IN THE DEFICIT. I went to the CFA Annual Forecast dinner and trust me the entire investment community IS NOT FRIENDS with clown town Joe Ceci

10. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
    Ceci, Notley & Company have one year left IMO.. maybe I'll see you at the Stampede Parade

11. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    The red ink isn’t a bad thing, although some would say it is, the economy is growing faster now than it did under Klein

12. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Look at historical numbers, CPC was the most fiscally irresponsible government in Canadian history - 1/4 of our debt as a country was their doing, they blew it in so many ways - Kenney was a big part of that

13. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
    Our credit rating moving down from AAA+ is not a good thing but you are right in some respects.

Too bad many of the capital projects going on because of the deficit spending are OVER BUDGET and CORRUPT.

IE. look at the ringroad situation near Grey Eagle

Notley just paying off all her UNION Friends for 4 years man that's what happened. I met the CEO of ATB Finanical too and next thing you know this guy resigned... dave Mowatt.. I met him at the UBC Alumni party...

anyway... crazy world. i should shut up haha

logging off mang peace

14. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    See, the NDP is more conservative than the UCP,

Most of what Kenney says about the NDP is bullshit - the federal NDP is a completely different animal than the Alberta NDP, Alberta NDP has similar values to the original PCs, where the UCP is straight up corporate shill/fascist leadership.

Straight up fucked that their base is who their policies are going to hurt the most - 50% of Albertans make under 30k a year, and they’re all going to get fucked hard by Kenney, who thinks only millionaires deserve government assistance

15. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
    Look at Notley's clown Cabinet shuffle today how's that

16. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I think we have a little of that thing called confirmation bias here

JK makes things up about the government and PC supporters just go with him, regardless of it being crap. Since he’s been elected to a seat he’s agreed with everything the NDP has done - his only disagreements have been with timing.

Jason Kenney is a single middle aged man who is most likely gay (I don’t have an issue with that, but his stance on encouraging schools to out gay children to their parents is brutally terrifying) who has never had a real job. His personal politics are ugly as hell - the last government he was a part of caused a brutal recession that was worst in a Alberta (and didn’t affect the US, which was booming at the time) - he was a member of parliament when things got to their worst here.

He lies constantly and ignores facts

I love that he says he’s going to “bring back” the Alberta Advantage - which was code for low corporate taxes and small business taxes, which are the same or lower now than they were when the phrase was coined.

17. JC.Martin

JC.Martin Member

Blogs:
    She doesn't have a chance lol maybe I'll run into you IN PERSON when I am in YYC next year knocking on doors

18. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Possibly

Consensus seems to be the mentally challenged self destruct mechanism called Kenney is going to get his shot to destroy our economy, which makes sense in the era of stupid politicians getting elected. It’s sad, and will do more damage to Alberta than a nuclear meltdown did to the USSR, but people believe his bullshit because his fantasy world sounds exciting - ignore reality and pretend that he has a working brain cell, and pray that oil hits $150 a barrel

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    I hate the constant flip flop between liberals and conservatives in Canada. There’s a strong, clear pattern of activity

Liberals boost the economy, increase prosperity, and make things better for everyone. They have some kind of a scandal

Conservatives rack up huge amounts of debt, tank the economy, shit gets bad, liberals get voted back in

Liberals resurrect the tanking economy, things get good, they have some kind of scandal, conservatives get voted it again

Conservatives tank the economy, rack up record debt

Liberals resurrect the economy again, have another scandal. Conservatives complain about the debt that happened because they tanked the economy, they get back in power and, big shock, tank the economy again.

Stupidest part is the conservatives have scandals too, they just don’t get voted out for it. Liberals hold their own accountable, conservatives just sweep things under the rug when it’s one of their own, pretend like it never happened.

20. Squire72

Squire72 Moberator

Blogs:
    Basically anyone who votes for Kenney is a mentally deficient moron