Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Karlijn, Apr 6, 2018.
Got you to use a drool emoji in response to my post.
@Karlijn what is it?
Pommes lyonneses. Recipe?
• 6 large potatoes, peeled
• 3 large onions
• 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the over to 160 degrees C / Gas Mark 3.
2. Halve the onions, remove the skins and slice finely. Fry in some oil until they are softened. (Don’t let them burn or turn brown.)
3. Slice the potatoes as thinly as possible. Ideally you should use a mandoline for this; it gives thinner slices than cutting by hand.
4. Brush the bottom and sides of an ovenproof dish generously with olive oil.
5. Use one-third of the potato slices to cover the bottom and sides of the dish. Spread half of the onions over the potatoes, sprinkle half the parsley over the onions. Add salt and pepper to taste, then sprinkle with olive oil.
6. Repeat step 4 to make a second layer.
7. Cover the dish with the remaining one-third of the potatoes. If your slices are thin enough, fold the side pieces over onto the top layer of potatoes. Brush the top with melted butter (or olive oil if you prefer) and a little salt.
8. Bake uncovered for 1 hour, increase the temperature to 180 degrees C / Gas Mark 4 and continue cooking for 30-40 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Note: potatoes retain a lot of heat, so it is a good idea to let this cool for at least 5 minutes before you eat it.
Why did you make it?
My family teamed up against me
I feel as if there are some missing connective sentences.
Not really. My mom was complaining that she has to cook every day, so I said that she’s the only one who has time to do that.
Bad idea! My mom knows at what time I come home on Fridays, so before I knew it I was designated cook for today.
Was cooking enjoyable?
Your mom is hilarious
Separate names with a comma.